JUST in time for the 2019 bike season to kick off in earnest, Shoei have announced their new top of the range sports-touring helmet the GT Air II.
With an organic and multi-composite fibre outer shell for best shock absorbance and optimum rigidity, the new lid will sit at the top of Shoei’s full-face helmet range alongside the X-Spirit III and Neotec II.
The new design includes updated, and visibly larger than the outgoing GT Air’s, openings on the chin, forehead and four exhaust ports which Shoei claim will guarantee fresh to the face and hot air extraction.
Backing up the helmets top-end credentials is compatibility with Sena’s SRL2 intercom, an updated version of the unit already available for Shoei’s flip-front Neotec II, a must-have for any serious touring motorcyclist.
As you'd expect from a high-end product, the GT Air II comes with an intergrated drop down sun-visor and is pinlock ready.
With three shell sizes covering XS, M, L, XL and XXL, Shoei have also brought a raft of new designs and colours to the table. From plain styles to bold graphics with some complex and detailed designs included too – see below the Conjurer TC-9.
Shoei GT Air II key features
- EPS Liner system with multiple densities
- Optimised protection through EPS elements with different shock absorbing levels
- 3 Different shell sizes – 1, XS-M 2, L 3, XL-XXL
- Completely detachable and washable lining
- Multiple venting and extraction - For optimum ventilation performance
- Inlets at the chin and forehead - Guaranteed fresh air supply
- Four outlets at the rear - To exhaust warm air
- Integrated spoiler - For optimised aero-dynamic performance
- Prepared for SENA SRL2 Communication system
- Perfectly integrated into the helmet
- Does not compromise aero-dynamics
Prices for the GT Air II range from £449,99 for plain white, £469,99 for single colours and £549,99 for graphics.
For more info on this helmet and the rest of the Shoei range, head to: www.shoeiassured.co.uk