General

Honda takes Africa Twin home in 2nd edition of Adventure Roads tour

Covering more than 2,000-miles through South Africa, this trip looks epic!

BACK IN 2017, Honda took 45 Africa Twin riders on an epic tour of Scandanivia, aptly named the ‘Adventure Roads tour’.

Well, it appears the adventure road doesn’t end there, as the Japanese manufacturer has just announced plans for a second edition of the event, this time taking place in South Africa.

The 2019 tour was announced in an official YouTube video last week, which shows Africa Twin riders exploring the country’s varied terrain.

Of the itinerary, the description states: “The journey starts on 1st March 2019, in Durban, cross through Lesotho and the winding roads of the famous Sani and Swartberg Passes and ends near the bottom of the world [on the 14th March], at the Cape of Good Hope.”

It will cover 3,736km (2321-miles) over 12 days riding, 65 per cent on which is tarmac, with the other 35 per cent comprising gravel roads.

According to the website, HRC rally riders and ‘celebrated brand ambassadors’ will be along for the ride, meaning that riders could likely sharing trails with the likes of Ricky Brabec and Joan Barreda.

The two week tour will cost €7,400 per person, which includes either transportation of your own Africa Twin from Europe, or the loan of a bike on site, accommodation, food, fuel, mechanical and medical back-up, medical and repatriation insurance and extracurricular activities.

Airfare, cancellation insurance and damage to your motorcycle are not covered in the cost of the trip, but the trip’s mechanics will have a selection of basic spare parts available at competitive prices should you need an on-the-go repair.

If you own an Africa Twin and fancy an adventure, then this is right up your street! Click here to register, and remember the deadline is the 15th January 2019.

Join the conversation!

Let us know what you think, just sign up for a free account, leave a comment and get involved!
Register Now