WATCH moment a motorcycle bursts into flames after sanitation spray

A biker in India has a very lucky escape after sanitiser spray causes his motorcycle to burst into flames as he is sitting on it

Motorcyclist lucky escape from fire

This biker had a lucky escape after being accidentally set on fire while his motorcycle was being sprayed for sanitary purposes at a traffic stop in India.

CCTV footage shows the man pulling forward at a spot-check in Ahmedabad in Gujarat, India so government workers can wash his motorcycle with sanitizer spray as a measure to prevent the spread of the coronavirus COVID-19 virus.

However, as his bike is washed down it instantly bursts into a ball of fire that licks its way up the rider himself briefly as he promptly drops the machine and gets away from it.

Fortunately, the biker appears to escape unharmed as he literally hot-foots it away, while workers at the Arvind Mill complex deploy the quick-thinking to drag the bike away from the area and ensure it doesn’t make contact with the sanitiser spray to cause more carnage.

The video comes amid concerns that hand sanitiser – the use of which has increased as a means of hygiene to help slow spreading the coronavirus – can be problematic if it gets too hot, with videos on social media showing how fires have started inside cars. However, fire experts say the alcohol-based products are unlikely spontaneously combust.

However, several nations do carry warnings on products that they are flammable, with the dramatic effects clearly in evidence right here.

India continues to be gripped by the coronavirus pandemic with cases now exceeding 190,000 making it the seventh worst-affected nation in the world, behind the United States, Brazil, Russia, the UK, Spain and Italy.