KTM to de-list from the stock exchange

If you’ve got shares, KTM plans to buy them back

KTM IS hoping to buy back shares sold in the company and de-list from the Vienna Stock Exchange following its annual shareholders’ meeting later this month.

The firm will be making a cash offer to all free-float shareholders at €122.50 per share, which is the average price of the shares over the last six months.

Not that many people will be in a position to take advantage of that offer, as only 0.6% of the company’s shares are currently floated, with the remaining 99.4% held by its two main partners. CROSS KraftFahrZeug Holding GmbH, the firm owned by KTM boss Stefan Pierer, is the majority shareholder with 51.4% of the company, while Indian firm Bajaj owns 48%.

The buyback will bring the holdings of those two partners up fractionally and remove the firm from the stock exchange.

  • Sign up for Visordown's weekly newsletter, Bugsplat, to get the best motorcycle news, road tests and features plus exclusive competitions and offers direct to your inbox. Register as a Visordown member here and tick the box for Bugsplat in your newsletter settings here.