KTM are backing a one make series to run alongside select European WSBK races. Details aren't yet fully finalised but the series will use the recently launched single-cylinder, 72bhp, Duke 690.
The series will pitch 14 to 19 year-olds together on strictly controlled, identical machines. The eight round championship replaces the Kawasaki Ninja 250 Cup. It has not yet been decided whether a rider and bike weight penalty will be enforced.
More information as it breaks...
Provisional 2012 KTM European Junior Cup Dates
- Pre-season training Cartagena, Spain. March 19-21
- Holland, Assen – April 22
- Italy, Monza – May 6
- Italy, Misano – June 10
- Spain, Aragon – July 1
- Czech Republic, Brno – July 22
- United Kingdom, Silverstone – August 5
- Germany, Nurburgring – September 9
- France, Magny Cours – October 7