FOR THE last two years, the "Gravel-T" range of soft bags, renowned amongst Enduro and trail enthusiasts, has been one of GIVI's most popular products and 2018 brings some new additions to the range which now consists of 10 different models, including the new GRT709 Canyon large side bags.
Gravel-T - apt given they sponsor Cal Crutchlow's team - is a range of bags designed for off-road journeys on two-wheels and it is particularly suitable for light motorcycles (125, 250, 450cc) and Supermoto.
However, the range also meets the needs of off-road riders, thanks to a series of targeted features such as low volume loads, super lightweight materials, high resistance and 100% impermeability whilst at the same time, having the ability to collapse via the use of air vent valves and the benefit of universal mounting systems (via straps and belts).
The new GRT709 Canyon side bags go hand in hand with the GRT708, a product already in the range, with a focus on providing increased capacity (35 litres versus 15 litres) and as a benchmark, in the case of Enduro motorcycles, adding the ability to be able to move quickly along the road. Coupling a pair of GRT709 bags and perhaps adding a backpack and a saddle bag, all taken from the Gravel-T range of course, will provide all the luggage space needed to spend a few days on the road.
For these bags, GIVI has created a new type of extremely robust reinforced thermoplastic attachment with lightweight fibre glass. It consists of a plate that can be applied to any side frame, either a GIVI or manufacturer original product, to which the side bag is directly attached and then secured by a key lock.
This system enables the mounting of soft waterproof, modular side bags, ideal for off-road use as they are durable and are not prone to damage during minor falls and at the same time they can be quickly removed from the motorcycle, just like hard cases. The GRT709 Canyon bags are equipped with a removable inner bag, a particularly useful feature if the Canyon bags are dirty from riding off-road and are not being detached from the motorcycle.
- High resistance 1200 W/R Polyester, thermoformed PE on the reverse
- Hypalon fabric inserts
- Outer shell with high resistance to UV exposure (ISO 4892-2 rated)
- Waterproof roll-down closures
- High visibility yellow Tarpaulin waterproof IP65 rated (resistant to heavy rain and extreme conditions) removable inner bag, with carrying strap
- Document pocket built inside the removable inner bag
- Duraflex buckles
- Thermo or regular bottle carrying pocket
- M.O.L.L.E. system on both front and bottom sides
- 10 included M.O.L.L.E. fasteners (4 Double-D ring straps, 4 elastic straps, 2 universal hooks)
- Shoulder straps
- Reflective prints for improved visibility and safety
The GRT709 bags retail at a price of £528.37