Tdm 850

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tdm 850

As and when I finally sell the X11 I quite fancy one of these.

How easy is it to convert the front wheel to 17" and does anybody know the rear wheel size or tyre size?

Cheers chappies.

the rear takes a 150 tyre so it's probably a 4" or 4.5" rimand the front wheel can be changed as easy as it is to find a used 17" wheel and make an axle and/or a bunch of spacers (unless some other Yam one bolts straight in?)

RatBikeZone wrote

the rear takes a 150 tyre so it's probably a 4" or 4.5" rimand the front wheel can be changed as easy as it is to find a used 17" wheel and make an axle and/or a bunch of spacers (unless some other Yam one bolts straight in?)

cheers - I am hoping that the bolt in option is viable and that disc mount etc do not need to be made etc etc etc

as far as i know its 3"x 17" and 4.5"x17"Which in my opinion is an exclent setup.

I have seen but not done myself a fzr1000exup usd front end put on a tedium.

leatherboy wrote

I have seen but not done myself a fzr1000exup usd front end put on a tedium.

Would that not be a bit low/steep on the ol' front end?What about the resultant ground clearance?

KFZ wrote

as far as i know its 3"x 17" and 4.5"x17"Which in my opinion is an exclent setup.

unless they changed it on the newer TDMs, the front is an 18 incher - still handles v. well thobut what do I know about handling I only got a Duke

RatBikeZone wrote

unless they changed it on the newer TDMs, the front is an 18 incher - still handles v. well thobut what do I know about handling I only got a Duke

i may well be wrong. im nomrally onnly interested in TDM rears, we'll get there between us!Kev

The New TDM (900) has a 160 rear and a 18 inch front HTH

Yup the front wheel is an eighteen-incher, 120 or 130 section tyree and the rear is a 150/17 type of thing. I think a lot of Yamaha parts are inerchangeable, though I believe that when you change the wheel you should use the callipers off the donor bike as well. Possibly this is something to do with spacing, I don't know. Having said that, the new range of callipers wiv the blue bits (R1/R6/Fazer etc) fit straight on anyway. I was thinking of changing the front wheel on my Teed to get a better choice of tyre, but had my suspension rebuilt by MC Technics and they tyres don't have to work anywhere near as hard as thye used to. I'll probably be itching to get the Macadams off come summer but until then it handles very sweetly. Have you asked around on 'Carpe TDM' the TDM club website?

:smoke: TDMs do fucking rip though!!!!!!!!!

ask abigsupermoto he has just flogged his tdm850 for an xr650 sm -- he changed the front wheel so will be able to help ya.....

ENJOYABLE ALL ROUNDER POPULAR IN EUROPE IGNORED IN UK
GOOD SOLID TOURER/COMMUTER THAT'S SUPRISINGLY AGILE.
BRILLIANT ALL ROUNDER
IT'S GOOD... BUT....
NOT THE BEST BIKE I'VE HAD, BUT PRETTY CLOSE
Cracking! But was I just lucky..?
fazerfragle (not verified)
best all rounder I've EVER owned. LoVe It!
A Fantastic allrounder
Lovely all purpose bike with loads of character & plenty of ...
The TDM is neither 'tedious' nor 'flashily spectacular'.......