Kawasaki Z750S won't start

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Kawasaki Z750S won't start

I'm hoping some one can help. I don't know much about bikes and my Z750S won't start. The bike is a year old and has been sitting in the garage for the past three weeks as I have been on paternity leave. I went to start the bike for the first time this morning and couldn't get it started. The starter motor is turning over fine but there is no sign at all of the engine starting up. I put jump leads on in case the battery was the problem but still no luck.

Any ideas ? Could it be a fault with the immobiliser ? Is there a magic switch somewhere ?

Thanks

Billy

this is a common fault with bikes that stand for a few weeks .The fuel in the carburettors float bowls goes off quite quickly and you will need to drain the fuel from each bowl by undoing but NOT removing fully the small drain screws on the bottom of the float bowls.after a few seconds all the fuel will be drained tighten them up then refuel them by turning fuel tap on to prime if you have it or just on to reserve then crank over motor for about a minute at the most it should start then.

eric edwards wrote

this is a common fault with bikes that stand for a few weeks .The fuel in the carburettors float bowls goes off quite quickly and you will need to drain the fuel from each bowl by undoing but NOT removing fully the small drain screws on the bottom of the float bowls.after a few seconds all the fuel will be drained tighten them up then refuel them by turning fuel tap on to prime if you have it or just on to reserve then crank over motor for about a minute at the most it should start then.

I don't want to start a fight, but my bike often sits for several weeks, even months in the winter and I've never had problems with petrol going "off".I hadn't put any fresh fuel in the Laverda for 3 years and that still fired up OK on the old petrol (It's fuel injected, so no carbs to bung up).I used the 3 year old fuel in the ZX7R when I drained the tank and it ran fine.

My experience is somewhere in the middle of this. If youre battery will take it once you do get it going and run it for a while it should clear itself but be wary of fuelling judder if you open the throttle up for the first few miles (will splutter and stall) Think its not so much to do with the age of the fuel itself but after a while it varnishes up and gums slides/needles and injectors etc

hye im shukry from malaysia..i have a problem with my z750 it won't start..when i tried to start don't show anything at the metre...are this problem at the battery or anything..coz i buy this bike secondhand..and for the 6month im used..this is a first time i have this problem..please help me..????