Aprilia rs 125 - locked rear wheel

66 posts / 0 new
Last post

Tom cat have pm'd you with my dteails - get in otuch if ud be so nice ;-)

Tomcat wrote

Mate, I'm in Ware. If you wanna search out the bits I'll help you with the rebuild. PM me.

Can't get a better offer than that.

Tomcat have a smiley face thats really cool of you to offer assistance I have looked down this thread and couldn't see anyone mention heat seizure- i.e. no water in the cooling system or water pump not working. I'm sure 'prilliers have em?

Got all the parts from PJME - crank beraing seals an new top end for £440 not bad eh. Ok their aftermarket parts but not gonna pay triple price for aprilia parts!

Tomcat wrote

.....I had to 'it it wi' an 'ammer to get the crank out

....percussive maintenance....tut, tut

Tomcat For Rebuilding My Engine!Ta Muchly!

top bloke ure one lucky fella

matt020876 wrote

Got all the parts from PJME - crank beraing seals an new top end for £440 not bad eh. Ok their aftermarket parts but not gonna pay triple price for aprilia parts!

Tell me you didn't use a pattern head gasket!!! Good on yer Tomcat btw

The RS125 uses an o-ring

Hi, I have had the same happen at full throttle 90mph this evening!!. Based in Faringdon near Swindon... anyone wanna help me find out how bad it is..... I'm a bit sore now!! hahaha Could do it in the evening or next weekend? Beers and smokes provided!

Oh dear. Was it the engine or gearbox that seized? If it was the engine then you'll be able to turn the back wheel with the clutch in or in neutral. If you can't then it might be the gearbox that's seized. Generally 2-stroke engines are most prone to seizing when on closed throttle at high revs, or if thrashed when cold. If it's nipped up at high speed & full throttle then it suggests there's a problem with either the lubrication or the cooling so you should check those systems as well as looking for seizure damage in the engine (scored piston, bore, rings etc)

Okay thanks tappy, Engine was pretty hot, had stopped to for a few mins before opening her up down the duel carriageway, but not long enough to loose major heat. Could having a 130 jet with the stopper on the needle on the last groove on the thick end, caused it to seize?

Oh and it's definitely engine, not gearbox

"last groove on the thick end" means the needle is lower down in the jet for a given air flow so running leaner, but at wide open throttle the jet size itself dominates so if 130 is standard or larger then it shouldn't have been a problem. So it's quite possibly just something else.

Pages