30mm carb for a kmx 125?

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
30mm carb for a kmx 125?

anyone know a place online that i can get a 30mm carb for a kmx 125? i have looked everywhere and cant find one

thanks

yz

yz450 wrote

anyone know a place online that i can get a 30mm carb for a kmx 125? i have looked everywhere and cant find one thanksyz

I think the standard one is 26mm, i assume you knew that? I think the 200 also uses a 26mm.I have seen 30mm (mikuni i think) carbs on ebay for about £45 brand new.I would assume any carb that has readily available jets would suffice.Some info here which maybe of help (they are talking about a kmx200)www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=349668

thanks very much m8

I never thought that the carb size was a problem with them cos the unrestricted one and the 200 both use the same carb.

just i have heard that they give more power. you see im starting to refurb my kmx and i would like to do a few performance upgrades while am at it. also need to find me some new brake calipers cause the brakes on the kmx are piss poor to say the least lolyz

yz450 wrote

just i have heard that they give more power. you see im starting to refurb my kmx and i would like to do a few performance upgrades while am at it. also need to find me some new brake calipers cause the brakes on the kmx are piss poor to say the least lolyz

you will probably wreck low end and mid range by putting on a bigger carb on a kmx125.. could be wrong though

any idea on what i could do to increase its performence?

As G said, if you're not careful you will get a peaky unrideable machine if you over carb it. All depends what you want to use it for.

yz450 wrote

any idea on what i could do to increase its performence?

remove indicator bulb, replace the rest with R6 parts

I spotted this a while ago, I don't know how accurate it is but here goes..."the standard front pipe has a washer welded in,( most people bin the standard pipe, a gianelli pipe is only about 70 quid fom m&p although the nickel plated DEP pipes are cooler and stronger, though twice as much).The KIPS mechanism ( under the cover on the right hand side of the engine) needs a softer spring (part no.391291001) and a new collar(part no.921431001) the carb also needs a new airscrew (part no.160141031). Kawasaki also do their own full power pipe, or they used to but i dont know how much they are, probarbly lots. col."That paragraph was nicked from HERE

hi, can anyone tell me where exactly the washer is in the front pipe of my kmx 125? wanna derestrict it but dunt wanna hack my pipe to bits, anyone know out there? could do wi the help.

if it has one it will be right where the pipe joins the cylinder .

cradley kawasaki do the  kawasaki full power pipe for 125 quid. i bought one and it rocks. also bought the kips spring and collor and air screw which basicly allows the power valve to open fully as the standard b series doesnt. so your really just converting it from uk spec b series to the full power a series. i would also recomend buying a spacer for the kips bottle available on flea bay quite cheaply. hope this is helpfull