200 (Y Reg) Cbr 600fy stalling.

1 post / 0 new
200 (Y Reg) Cbr 600fy stalling.

Hi and hello to you all. I have a problem I'm hoping some of you vastly more knowledgeable guys or gals can help me with. I recently passed my test and bought myself a 2001 (Y reg) Honda cbr 600fy. When I first picKed it up it was dead and was told the battery was flat and just needed a good run. Got it started and rode it home and it rode nice for two days. On the third day rode about 12-15 miles and encountered traffic so sat in traffic 10 mins fan kicked in an a minute or two later the bike died and wouldn't start back up. Got it bumped and running and rode it straight home to my local bikersworld who got a meter out said my battery was duff and just needed a new battery. The next day had new batttey fitted and seems to be ok. I rode it 3 days no problem. The 4 th day went to NEC bikeshow 40 miles away got there no problem but 20 miles into my journey home about 5 minutes after sitting in traffic and the fan kicked in the bike didn't die so thought great was just battery but then about 3 mile down the road with the bike moving it just started losing power until it just died. Coasted to a Kathy and parked up. Bike would not restart. Was trying so plenty of juice in the battery just wouldn't fire. Waited 10-15 minutes pressed the starter fired up first time and rode home beautiful even with giving it some cos I was pissed off lol. Took to two different garages the next day and both are saying it's not the charging system but two find the fault they would need the bike in which could cost hundreds. I've had the panels and tank off and look at all the wires can't see anything wrong but am a complete and utter novice. A few friends seem to think fuel supply issue. Any help diagnosing this would be a great help as I'm sure we all aware with Xmas coming up money us tight and just wanna enjoy riding without worrying bout conking out on every ride. Many thanks and apologies for such a long post.