2000 R6 with 2003 bodywork possible?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
2000 R6 with 2003 bodywork possible?

Hi guys,

I'm building my first track bike, which is a 2000 R6, as I got hooked on track days last year. Now this is a very vein thing I know but I'm not a fan of the 99-02 track fairings is it a possible/how much work required to fit 2003 track fairings? Also where is best to get them from?

I'm sure I've seen someone on here who has a 2000 r6 with 03 bodywork and I'm also sure I've seen at least 1 guys at the track with 03 bodywork on a 99-02 model bike. Any help on this is greatfully recieved

Cheers.

Ditto with the 99-02 panels. Just finished mine off few days ago.They was easy to fit, Took about 1day all in all to get them to fit, Just abit of triming here and ther really nothing big, Just make saw you dont use a cheap "dremel" type cutter as it takes ages!. If you want anymore pics just give me a shout .Luke

Cheers PLuKE. If you dont mind me askin where did you get your panels from? Is the entire kit 03 or did you use a 99-02 seat and front mudguard?Nice work with the bike mate looks the dog's!

Cheers mate. I got the fairings for nowt, Dont know they make either. The tail unit and front fender is 99-02 stuff. I like the 99-02 tails, I know the 03-05 tails fit but you can see most of the rear subframe and it doesnt really look like it fits. Is the for road or track?.Luke

PLuKE wrote

Cheers mate. I got the fairings for nowt, Dont know they make either. The tail unit and front fender is 99-02 stuff. I like the 99-02 tails, I know the 03-05 tails fit but you can see most of the rear subframe and it doesnt really look like it fits. Is the for road or track?.Luke

This is just for the track mate. I'll have a poke around on ebay and see what fairings i can pick up. I agree the 99-02 tail unit looks good. Did you change to a 70 profile front tire? I am planning on using Metzeler Racetec's I've dropped the yokes by 8mm but not sure if this is correct.Just trying to get the bike ready for a track day at Snetterton on the 25th but will probably have to take my Gixer.

The bike has a 70 front on it, TBH dont know how much its gone thought the yokes when changing to a 70 front, It was an race bike before so i left everything as it is, Am not to good with suspension setup so will get it sorted for my weight by Colin at 100% suspension.Luke

1998-2002 R6 fairings don't fit 2003-2005 R6. Source