De-restricting a 92 Model RG125

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
De-restricting a 92 Model RG125

Just been on ebay looking for a brake lever for said bike when my mind went a wandering...

Started looking for spec of the bike and found pics that show it looking like a baby RGV250, something I've hankered after for years...

33Bhp (albeit when new??) How hard is it to de-restrict one? Where are the restrictions in place?

If I cant afford to buy/take a gamble on the RGV () then I think I may as well live my two stroke fantasies vicariously through my girlfriends RG which never gets used!

Incidently, where can I get a clutch lever, does anyone know any decent sources of bits/info like the RGV250 forum?

I got my levers through www.busters-accesories.co.uk last week for my 95 fun.The end can on mine looks pretty restricted,so i'd take yours off & have a look at the entry end.You'll probably see a smaller tube fitted inside it like my one has. www.rgv.co.uk do a Jim Lomas stainless can for the fun for £60 or there's a full Nikkon system on Ebay for £75 + £9 p&p.You may also have a blanking plate where your powervalve should becgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150065401157&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005

some of em had the powervalve in place i believe, it opens and closes when you switch the ignition on but you can rewire it too work properly, my son had one and did this but i am not sure of the exact procedure and he is at uni now merv

HiFrom memory the RGV style RG125 was restricted electronically. All the full power gubbins are there. From memory there is a black and white wire from the cdi unit which you cut to allow it to work in full power form (although please double check that, wire might be from the power valve control unit).All the bestKeith

The one bro had a few years ago had the black & white wire from the cdi cut as Keith said. Power was low 20's, certainly not anywhere near 33bhp.

I'll have a look but conflicting views on restriction, anyone know where I can get a workshop manual for one of these beasties?

Miner wrote

I'll have a look but conflicting views on restriction, anyone know where I can get a workshop manual for one of these beasties?

People get confused with the older RG125 that had the power valve removed for the UK market.Had a quick look for a manua and cannot see one here, but worh keeping an eye out:-www.repairmanualclub.com/All the bestKeith

Do they have the same engine as the TS125X?I seem to remember something about cutting a wire on them to de-restrict em.That was from Performance Bikes, years ago so don't take it as gospel, well I wouldn't take gospel as truth either but thats a different matter.

The FUN shared the engine with the TS125RThe 125 Gamma shared the engine with the TS125X

i have a tsx 125 1987 does the black and white wire rule still apply ??