Michelin Pilot Road 3

Summary | Full Review | Reader Reviews | Gallery | Discussion
Our score:

Your score:

Add a comment...

The PR3 is a dual compound tyre that works well in the dry but excels in the wet.  The harder central section deals well with standard comuting and wears well; 5000 miles on my rear tyre so far and it looks like its only just worn beyond half way.  The outer edges are softer compounds and when lent over grip very well, especially in the wet. Overall, after 5000 miles the result is a tyre that is not squared off and still gives confidence in all weather conditions.

The tyre features unique water dispelling grooves. These additional grooves aid the removal of road water; working together with the dual compound to give confidence; the overall effect is that the bike feels plantedandremoves any worries about sliding.  Best tyre there is IMO.

Posted: 30/04/2012 at 21:21

On my second set and fully agree with Andy N comments. Changed after 6,000 miles but done on a fully loaded R1200RT.

Posted: 24/05/2012 at 19:41

For clarification - "Fully loaded" as in with luggage for touring !

Posted: 25/05/2012 at 07:48

i have bridgestone 023s on my sprint and even though i always pick the most winding route on a run they have squared off really badly.My last bike had roadsmarts and they were great ,can anybody give a comparison with the pilot road 3.

Posted: 24/05/2013 at 18:01

My riding is short urban commutes with some occasional road trips. The Avon Storm that was near new on the rear of the K4 GSX-R750 I bought a couple years ago was really squared-off after the about. The Bridgestone Battlax on the front was a bit more than half-worn. After doing some research, I went for a pair of PR3s partly because there can be torrential rain here in summer and for, hopefully, long life.

Posted: 09/06/2013 at 05:00

These tyres have transformed two completely different bikes I've had over the past 18 months. Each time for the better. I just hope they come down a little in price soon

Posted: 11/06/2013 at 20:12

Just fitted one on the rear - still got a PR2 on the front with a few thou left on it.  Not read a bad word about them anywhere and mostly very high praise.

Interesting to see how the brand new Pilot Power 3 compares.

Posted: 12/06/2013 at 14:11

Talkback: Michelin Pilot Road 3

First Name:
Last Name:
Email:
Security Image:
Enter the code shown:

I agree to the site's Terms and Conditions & Code of Conduct:

Click on the 'edit text' button to edit this region

Busiest motorcycle review conversations