TAKING the win in race one Carlos Checa took his ninth of the season and gifted Ducati their 300th World Superbike victory.
The race was lead by Eugene Laverty for the early stages however the championship leader overcame the battles in the leading pack to take the lead. Laverty would finish second and his Yamaha team-mate, Marco Melandri joining him on the podium in third.
Leon Haslam took a hard-fought fourth position on the BMW and pole-sitter and wild card rider John Hopkins ended the race in an impressive fifth on the Samsung Crescent Suzuki.
Aprilia's Max Biaggi and Leon Camier had a disappointing opening race at Silverstone. The reigning champion struggled and finished outside the top ten in 11th. Team-mate Leon Camier was amongst the leaders when a technical fault with the ride-by-wire system held him back for 15th.
1. C. CHECA ESP Althea Racing
2. E. LAVERTY IRL Yamaha World Superbike Team 3.304
3. M. MELANDRI ITA Yamaha World Superbike Team 4.782
4. L. HASLAM GBR BMW Motorrad Motorsport 7.116
5. J. HOPKINS USA Samsung Crescent Racing 11.057
6. S. GUINTOLI FRA Team Effenbert-Liberty Racing 21.899
7. J. LASCORZ ESP Kawasaki Racing Team 22.308
8. M. BERGER FRA Supersonic Racing Team 22.734
9. T. CORSER AUS BMW Motorrad Motorsport 25.491
10. A. BADOVINI ITA BMW Motorrad Italia SBK Team 25.725
11. M. BIAGGI ITA Aprilia Alitalia Racing Team 25.844
12. J. TOSELAND GBR BMW Motorrad Italia SBK Team 45.578
13. R. ROLFO ITA Team Pedercini 51.650
14. J. KIRKHAM GBR Samsung Crescent Racing 57.310
15. L. CAMIER GBR Aprilia Alitalia Racing Team 1'36.457
RET F. LAI ITA Castrol Honda
RET M. AITCHISON AUS Team Pedercini
RET N. HAGA JPN PATA Racing Team Aprilia
RET J. SMRZ CZE Team Effenbert-Liberty Racing
RET A. LOWES GBR Castrol Honda
RET M. FABRIZIO ITA Team Suzuki Alstare