THE three day private World Superbike test has ended with Carlos Checa leading the timesheets.
Unfazed by an extra 6kg to his Ducati 1198, Checa ended the final day with a 1:31.8 and was closely followed by Kawasaki's Tom Sykes who was tenth behind the 2011 champion, both riders set their fastest times on Pirelli's race tyres.
The official test commences on Monday.
Combined (unofficial) times:
1. Carlos Checa (Althea Racing Ducati) 1'31.8
2. Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) 1'31.9
3. Leon Haslam (BMW Motorrad Motorsport) 1'32.2 (Q)
4. Max Biaggi (Aprilia Racing Team 1'32.3
5. Joan Lascorz (Kawasaki Racing Team) 1'32.4
6. Jakub Smrz (Effenbert Liberty Racing Ducati) 1'32.4
7. Eugene Laverty (Aprilia Racing Team) 1'32.5
8. Michel Fabrizio (BMW Motorrad Italia GOLDBET SBK Team) 1'32.6 (Q)
9. Maxime Berger (Effenbert Liberty Racing Ducati) 1'32.9
10. Leon Camier (Crescent Fixi Suzuki) 1'33.1
11. Marco Melandri (BMW Motorrad Motorsport) 1'33.0
12. David Giugliano (Althea Racing Ducati) 1'33.5
13. Sylvain Guintoli (Effenbert Liberty Racing Ducati) 1'33.5
14. Ayrton Badovini (BMW Motorrad Italia GOLDBET SBK Team) 1'33.6
15. David Johnson (Rossair AEP Racing BMW) 1'34.1 (stock engine after race engine problems)
16. Josh Brookes (Crescent Fixi Suzuki) 1'34.5
17. Lorenzo Zanetti (PATA Racing Ducati) 1'34.7
18. David Salom (Team Pedercini Kawasaki) 1'34.9 (ended early after injuring right wrist)
19. John Hopkins (Crescent Fixi Suzuki) no time (absent through injury)