BREAKING records once again, Repsol Honda's Marc Marquez has become the first ever rider in 17 years since Mick Doohan to win ten successive premier class races.
The Spaniard continued his winning ways after the MotoGP summer break despite being shuffled back at the start which saw Ducati's Andrea Dovizioso take the lead from Valentino Rossi until they touched pushing each other wide allowing Movistar Yamaha's Jorge Lorenzo and Marquez through.
It wasn't until Lap 11 that Marquez took the lead from Lorenzo as they battled with Rossi for the lead allowing the current MotoGP World Champion to sneak through to the front and pull out a 1.8 second lead.
Left to the Movistar Yamaha team-mates to fight it out for second, it was the Spaniard Lorenzo who took it from Rossi whilst Dovizioso was shoved back to seventh presumably due to fading tyres.
Repsol Honda's Dani Pedrosa finished a lonely fourth after being unable to match the pace of the leading three, but did opt for a harder front tyre unlike the others.
Monster Yamaha Tech3's rookie Pol Espargaro finished in a solid fifth position whilst his team-mate Bradley Smith, who is currently fighting for his MotoGP ride, finished behind in sixth.
Pol's older brother Aleix was involved in an incident with LCR Honda's Stefan Bradl and was forced to retire due to excess damage to the rear of the bike. Both riders walked away from the incident and appeared okay.
1. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team 42:07.041
2. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha 42:08.844 (+1.803)
3. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha 42:13.599 (+6.558)
4. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team 42:17.057 (+10.016)
5. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 42:24.848 (+17.807)
6. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 42:26.645 (+19.604)
7. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team 42:27.800 (+20.759)
8. Cal Crutchlow GBR Ducati Team 42:46.837 (+39.796)
9. Scott Redding* GBR Go&Fun Honda Gresini 42:47.548 (+40.507)
10. Hiroshi Aoyama* JPN Drive M7 Aspar 43:02.801 (+55.760)
11. Karel Abraham* CZE Cardion AB Motoracing 43:12.171 (+1:05.130)
12. Mike Di Meglio* FRA Avintia Racing 43:12.387 (+1:05.346)
13. Colin Edwards* USA NGM Forward Racing 43:15.960 (+1:08.919)
14. Michael Laverty* GBR Paul Bird Motorsport 43:16.244 (+1:09.203)
15. Broc Parkes* AUS Paul Bird Motorsport 43:37.654 (+1:30.613)
DNF. Leon Camier* GBR Drive M7 Aspar
DNF. Andrea Iannone ITA Pramac Racing
DNF. Aleix Espargaro* ESP NGM Forward Racing
DNF. Stefan Bradl GER LCR Honda MotoGP
DNF. Danilo Petrucci* ITA IodaRacing Project
DNF. Hector Barbera* ESP Avintia Racing
DNF. Yonny Hernandez COL Pramac Racing
DNF. Alvaro Bautista ESP Go&Fun Honda Gresini
* = Open Class