DANI PEDROSA overcame a challenge by championship rival Jorge Lorenzo to take the win at Brno.
The Spanish pair duelled for the length of the 22 lap race, with an exciting last lap battle going in the favour of the Repsol Honda rider, after Lorenzo attempted to pass in the final corners.
In third place, and the first Briton to stand on a podium in 12 years, Cal Crutchlow. Before his debut rostrum finish in the premier class, the popular Briton signed a new deal with Tech 3 Yamaha for next season.
MotoGP race results from Brno
1. Dani Pedrosa (SPA) Repsol Honda Team 42'51.570
2. Jorge Lorenzo (SPA) Yamaha Factory Racing + 00.178
3. Cal Crutchlow (GBR) Yamaha Tech3 + 12.343
4. Andrea Dovizioso (ITA) Yamaha Tech3 + 18.591
5. Stefan Bradl (GER) LCR Honda + 25.582
6. Alvaro Bautista (SPA) Honda Gresini + 29.451
7. Valentino Rossi (ITA) Ducati Team + 34.514
8. Randy De Puniet (FRA) Power Electronics Aspar + 1'04.285
9. Karel Abraham (CZE) Cardion AB Motoracing + 1'08.278
10. Aleix Espargaro (SPA) Power Electronics Aspar + 1'09.972
11. Toni Elias (SPA) Pramac Racing Team + 1'10.003
12. Yonny Hernandez (COL) Avintia Racing + 1'24.040
13. Colin Edwards (USA) NGM Mobile Forward Racing + 1'27.898
14. Michele Pirro (ITA) San Carlo Honda Gresini + 1'36.165
15. James Ellison (UK) Paul Bird Motorsport + 1'40.565
16. Mattia Pasini (ITA) Speed Master + 1'41.226
17. Danilo Petrucci (ITA) Came Iodaracing Project After 1 laps
Did not finish
Ivan Silva (SPA) Avintia Racing (13 laps)
Ben Spies (USA) Yamaha Factory Racing (14 laps)