JAMES Ellison dominated at Brands Hatch this weekend after scoring his first double victory of 2015 onboard his JG Speedfit Kawasaki ZX-10R.
Ellison led the opening lap from pole position once again, but Ryuichi Kiyonari, Shane Byrne and Josh Brookes remained in contention.
Byrne began to fight with Kiyonari for second place and on lap 5 the PBM Kawasaki rider made a move on the inside of Paddock Hill Bend to move into second ahead of his Buildbase BMW rival.
The front four broke away from the remaining pack as Brookes took advantage of Kiyonari’s mistake at Druids on lap 10 to move ahead into third. By this point, Ellison had set an impressive pace ahead at the front, but this was soon gone when Danny Johnson crashed at Clearways, meaning the Safety Car needed to be released.
With nine laps to go Ellison managed to finish in first, just 0.356 s ahead of Byrne, who was able to hold off Brookes.
Kiyonari had to settle for fourth again whilst Stuart Easton finished fifth ahead of Tommy Bridewell. Howie Mainwaring battled with Danny Buchan for seventh and came out on top, whilst Australian’s Billy McConnell and Jason O’Halloran finished within the top ten.
Race two results:
1. James Ellison GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki
2. Shane Byrne GBR PBM Kawasaki (+0.356)
3. Josh Brookes AUS Milwaukee Yamaha (+0.484)
4. Ryuichi Kiyonari JPN Buildbase BMW (+3.229)
5. Stuart Easton GBR PBM Kawasaki (+3.714)
6. Tommy Bridewell GBR Tyco BMW (+4.397)
7. Howie Mainwaring GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki (+5.563)
8. Danny Buchan GBR Be Wiser Kawasaki (+5.877)
9. Billy McConnell AUS Smiths Racing BMW (+6.692)
10. Jason O'Halloran AUS Honda Racing (+6.854)
11. Broc Parkes AUS Milwaukee Yamaha (+9.362)
12. Christian Iddon GBR Bennetts Suzuki (+9.897)
13. Chris Walker GBR Be Wiser Kawasaki (+10.036)
14. Peter Hickman GBR RAF Reserves BMW (+10.314)
15. Richard Cooper GBR Anvil Hire TAG Racing Kawasaki (+10.972)
16. Josh Waters AUS Bennetts Suzuki (+11.795)
17. James Westmoreland GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki (+12.106)
18. Jack Kennedy IRE Team WD-40 Kawasaki (+12.881)
19. Michael Laverty GBR Tyco BMW (+13.700)
20. Martin Jessopp GBR RidersMotorcycles BMW (+14.719)
21. Jakub Smrz CZE Lloyds British Moto Rapido Ducati (+14.844)
22. Filip Backlund GBR Anvil Hire TAG Racing Kawasaki (+16.607)
23. Lee Jackson GBR Buildbase BMW (+19.277)
24. Luke Mossey GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki (+19.455)
25. Ian Hutchinson GBR PBM Kawasaki (+19.531)
26. Victor Cox GBR Morello Racing Kawasaki (+19.821)
27. Michael Rutter GBR Gearlink Kawasaki (+22.062)
28. Taylor Mackenzie GBR Team WD-40 Kawasaki (+23.562)
29. Shaun Winfield GBR Anvil Hire TAG Racing Kawasaki (+27.613)
30. Jenny Tinmouth GBR Honda Racing (+35.014)
31. Rhalf Lo Turco BRA SBK City Racing Kawasaki (+1 lap)
DNF. Aaron Zanotti GBR A-Plant Yamaha
DNF. Daniel Johnson GBR Morello Racing Kawasaki