TOMMY Hill took his second win of the British Superbikes season at the opening race at the Snetterton 300 circuit.
Honda's Laverty took the holeshot, with Brookes, Hill and Haga in hot pursuit. Hill, Brookes and Laverty had a race-long scrap byut it was Hill who emerged victorious.
Haga snatched fourth from Lowes across the line on the last lap.
In Race 2, the hard-charging Laverty became the series' seventh race winner so far this season. With the usual suspects at the front, Laverty was under pressure. Byrne who retired from race one with technical issues, was eager for the win. Brookes, Byrne and Laverty battled it out for the whole race. Laverty took the win with Byrne second and Brookes third. Brookes' double podium means he leads the standings by one point over last season's champion, Tommy Hill.
MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Snetterton, race one result:
- Tommy Hill (Swan Yamaha)
- Michael Laverty (Samsung Honda) +1.234s
- Josh Brookes (Tyco Suzuki) +6.847s
- Noriyuki Haga (Swan Yamaha) +10.304s
- Alex Lowes (WFR Honda) +10.333s
- Tommy Bridewell (Supersonic BMW) +16.360s
- Chris Walker (Pr1mo Bournemouth Kawasaki) +20.503s
- Ian Lowry (Padgetts Honda) +20.524s
- Patric Muff (Supersonic BMW) +20.692s
- Barry Burrell (Buildbase BMW) +21.674s
MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Snetterton, race two result:
- Michael Laverty (Samsung Honda)
- Shane Byrne (Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki) +1.336s
- Josh Brookes (Tyco Suzuki) +1.792s
- Ian Lowry (Padgetts Honda) +5.359s
- Graeme Gowland (WFR Honda) +8.974s
- Alex Lowes (WFR Honda) +9.223s
- Chris Walker (Pr1mo Bournemouth Kawasaki) +12.231s
- Stuart Easton (Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki) +13.477s
- James Westmoreland (WFR Honda) +16.957s
- Patric Muff (Supersonic BMW) +20.539s