BMW has revealed the 2013 replacements for its existing F650GS and F800GS – both bikes getting styling changes and technical updates.
The more road-oriented F650's name has changed to F700GS, although confusingly it actually has the same 798cc capacity as the F800GS (just as it did before). The naming change is to signify a power increase from 71bhp to 75bhp, while the F800GS remains at 85bhp.
Other changes include the option of electronic suspension and stability control, plus new instruments and switchgear.
BMW's overview of new technical features:
- Increased output and torque in the F 700 GS as compared to predecessor model: 55 kW (75 hp) at 7,300 rpm (F 650 GS: 52 kW [71 hp] at 7,000 rpm).
- The latest generation of BMW Motorrad two-channel ABS as standard.Double disc brake system at front - now also for F 700 GS.
- Automatic Stability Control ASC (ex works option).
- Electronic Suspension Adjustment ESA (ex works option).
- Rear spring mount can be adjusted via optimised handwheel.
- Newly designed body features in a more dynamic, masculine look.
- New paint finishes for the F 700 GS: Red apple metallic, Ostra grey metallic matt and Glacier silver metallic.
- New paint finishes for the F 800 GS: Kalamata metallic matt, Cordoba blue and Alpine white 3.
- New handlebar switch units and brake fluid containers, front.
- New handlebar clamp for F 700 GS.
- Cockpit with new dial faces for speedometer and engine speed display and an extended range of information.
- New windshield for F 700 GS.
- Smoke grey turn indicators and smoke grey LED rear light glass covering.
- Lowered suspension for F 800 GS (ex works option/special accessory).
- Power reduction to 35 kW (48 hp) (ex works option).
- Engine map adjustment for regular fuel (RON 91) (ex works option).
- Comfort seat now available as an ex works option too.
- Case carrier for Vario case now also available as an ex works option.
- New centre stand as ex works option.
- Comfort package: on-board computer, heated grips, case holder, centre stand (ex works option).
- Safety package for F 800 GS: ASC and ESA (ex works option).
- Safety package for F 700 GS: ASC, ESA, RDC (ex works option).
- LED auxiliary headlight for F 800 GS (special accessory).
- Enduro footrests, wide (special accessory).