The Transfagarasan Highway ... beats the M25
ACCORDING TO an article in today's Guardian newspaper, the ten roads listed below are Europe's best stretches of tarmac on which to ride your bike.
The M25 appears to be missing, funnily enough.
To see the article in full go to:
1. The Cat and Fiddle run - A537, Buxton-Macclesfield, England
2. The Amalfi Coast Road - Naples to Salerno, Italy
3. The Transfagarasan Highway - Sibiu to Curtea de Arges, Transylvania, Romania
4. Bergen to Geiranger, Norway
5. Trabzon to Savsat, Eastern Turkey
6. Furka Pass, between Gletsch and Andermatt, Switzerland
7. A2, the Antrim coast road, Northern Ireland
8. Bar in Montenegro to Sarajevo in Bosnia
9. Saranda to Vlora, Albania
10. Cabo de Gata to Granada, Spain
How many of those have you ridden?