Jonathan Rea has kept hold of his flawless start to the 2017 World Superbike Championship by completing another comfortable victory over Kawasaki team-mate Tom Sykes.
Despite starting ninth by virtue of the reverse grid format, not even a full restart could stop his march to the front as he took the chequered flag by four seconds.
A fourth win in a row for Rea, the Ulsterman defied his lowly start to quickly make ground, with even Lorenzo Savadori's mechanical issues – which forced a red flag to clear debris – unable to interrupt his flow.
Behind Rea, who now commands a 30 point lead in the standings, Sykes made it a Kawasaki 1-2 by defeating Ducati's Marco Melandri in the run to the line, as Chaz Davies was forced to recover from a lap three off to charge from 19th to sixth place behind Alex Lowes in fourth and Jordi Torres in fifth.
Full race results (2) from the second round of the 2017 World Superbike Championship at the Chang International Circuit, Thailand.
1. Jonathan Rea GBR Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R 16 laps
2. Tom Sykes GBR Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R +4.078s
3. Marco Melandri ITA Aruba.it Racing Ducati 1199R +4.195s
4. Alex Lowes GBR PATA Crescent Yamaha R1 +10.006s
5. Jordi Torres ESP Althea BMW S1000RR +14.733s
6. Chaz Davies GBR Aruba.it Racing Ducati 1199R +16.972s
7. Nicky Hayden USA Red Bull Honda CBR1000RR SP2 +20.843s
8. Xavi Fores ESP Barni Ducati 1199R +24.284s
9. Roman Ramos ESP Team Go Eleven Kawasaki ZX-10R +24.864s
10. Markus Reiterberger GER Althea BMW S1000RR +26.008s
11. Alex de Angelis SMR Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R +27.599s
12. Riccardo Russo ITA Guandalini Yamaha YZF-R1 +34.800
13. Ondrej Jezek CZE Grillini Kawasaki ZX-10R +47.090s
14. Ayrton Badovini ITA Grillini Kawasaki ZX-10R +47.695s
15. Eugene Laverty IRE Milwaukee Aprilia RSV4 +1m 21.916s
Did not finish
16. Leon Camier GBR MV Agusta RC F4 RR 10 laps completed
17. Randy Krummenacher SWI Puccetti Kawasaki ZX-10R 5 laps completed
18. Stefan Bradl GER Red Bull Honda CBR1000RR SP2 5 laps completed
19. Michael van der Mark NED PATA Yamaha YZF-R1 0 laps completed
20. Lorenzo Savadori ITA Milwaukee Aprilia RSV4 0 laps completed
Ruled out by injury
Leandro Mercado ITA IodaRacing Aprilia RSV4