Jonathan Rea has ended Tom Sykes' run of wins at Donington Park with victory in race two and with it Kawasaki's 100th World Superbike race win.
The defending World Superbike champion recovered from his race one DNF in style having stormed from 10th to first by Redgate on lap two and quickly went about building a useful time cushion on the chasing field.
In a hectic opening nine laps seven riders retired from the race including wildcard Leon Haslam after being barged out at Goddards, which also pushed Davies on to the grass to see him tumble to 15th place.
On lap nine Marco Melandri's race was ended early by a broken chain, Jordi Torres and Leandro Mercado were caught out by individual crashes at the Fogarty Esses and Eugene Laverty suffered a separate fall on lap four.
When the pack eventually spread out Sykes set about eating into Rea's lead and despite cutting it to just over a second with two laps to go he couldn't quite bridge the gap in the sprint to the chequered flag and had to concede his domination of Donington Park was over.
Sykes, whose race one victory set a new World Superbike record of nine consecutive wins at the same circuit, has still sliced into Rea's championship lead at the British round which now stands at 55 points.
Davies recovered from his grass tracking moment to carve up to third place at Goddards on the penultimate lap from Pata Yamaha's Michael van der Mark, forcing the Dutch rider to settle for fourth place with his team-mate Alex Lowes in fifth.
Leon Camier bagged a second straight sixth place finish at Donington Park for MV Agusta comfortably ahead of Xavi Fores and Roman Ramos.
Jake Dixon finished off an impressive wildcard outing using his MCE British Superbike-spec RAF Reserves Kawasaki for ninth place in a race of high attrition as Raffele De Rosa completed the top ten.
Full WorldSBK race two results from Donington Park
1. Jonathan Rea GBR Kawasaki Racing ZX-10RR 23 laps
2. Tom Sykes GBR Kawasaki Racing ZX-10RR +1.601s
3. Chaz Davies GBR Aruba.it Racing Ducati Panigale R +12.200s
4. Michael van der Mark NED PATA Yamaha YZF-R1 +12.984s
5. Alex Lowes GBR PATA Crescent Yamaha R1 +18.953s
6. Leon Camier GBR MV Agusta RC F4 RR +23.971s
7. Xavi Fores ESP Barni Ducati Panigale R +29.892s
8. Roman Ramos ESP Team Go Eleven Kawasaki ZX-10R +44.742s
9. Jake Dixon GBR RAF Reserves Kawasaki ZX-10R +50.622s
10. Raffaele De Rosa ITA Althea BMW S1000RR +51.749s
11. Stefan Bradl GER Red Bull Honda CBR1000RR SP2 +59.459s
12. Riccardo Russo ITA Guandalini Yamaha YZF-R1 +1m+
13. Ondrej Jezek CZE Grillini Kawasaki ZX-10R +1m+
14. Ayrton Badovini ITA Grillini Kawasaki ZX-10R +4 laps
Did not finish
Lorenzo Savadori ITA Milwaukee Aprilia RSV4
Leandro Mercado ARG IodaRacing Aprilia RSV4
Marco Melandri ITA Aruba.it Racing Ducati Panigale R
Jordi Torres ESP Althea BMW S1000RR
Eugene Laverty IRE Milwaukee Aprilia RSV4
Alex de Angelis SMR Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R
Leon Haslam GBR Puccetti Kawasaki ZX-10R
Randy Krummenacher SWI Puccetti Kawasaki ZX-10R