Chaz Davies has sealed a dominant double victory in back-to-back years at Imola at his Aruba.it Racing Ducati's home event.
The initial race was red flagged when Ayrton Badovini's Grillini Kawasaki's engine blew up on the opening lap and after a 35-minute delay to clean up an oil spill the race restarted with Davies and Jonathan Rea making quick inroads from the third row of the grid.
Pole-sitter Tom Sykes made an early sprint into the lead followed by Leon Camier, who fell from second place on lap two, but once Davies carved his way through the field he quickly reeled in the factory Kawasaki rider.
Setting fastest laps of the race, Davies made his move at the end of lap six up the inside of Sykes at the final chicane before bolting clear with victory never looking in doubt.
Sykes held off Rea until lap 12 but the defending World Superbike champion nipped past for second place to keep hold of a healthy points lead.
With Sykes being forced for third place he slips to third in the World Superbike championship standings, with Davies in second 74 points off Rea.
Behind the podium trio, Xavi Fores resisted a race-long battle with Marco Melandri for fourth place in race two on the Barni Ducati. Alex Lowes recovered from an off-track moment on his Pata Yamaha to storm back to sixth place ahead of Eugene Laverty on the Milwaukee Aprilia to bounce back from his fiery crash in race one.
Full World Superbike race two results from Imola:
1. Chaz Davies GBR Aruba.it Racing Ducati 1199R 18 laps
2. Jonathan Rea GBR Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R +3.739s
3. Tom Sykes GBR Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R +4.342s
4. Xavi Fores ESP Barni Ducati 1199R +14.441s
5. Marco Melandri ITA Aruba.it Racing Ducati 1199R +14.596s
6. Alex Lowes GBR PATA Crescent Yamaha R1 +32.214s
7. Eugene Laverty IRE Milwaukee Aprilia RSV4 +33.919s
8. Jordi Torres ESP Althea BMW S1000RR +35.932s
9. Michael van der Mark NED PATA Yamaha YZF-R1 +36.099s
10. Leandro Mercado ARG IodaRacing Aprilia RSV4 +37.621s
11. Roman Ramos ESP Team Go Eleven Kawasaki ZX-10R +40.395s
12. Nicky Hayden USA Red Bull Honda CBR1000RR SP2 +43.738s
13. Lorenzo Savadori ITA Milwaukee Aprilia RSV4 +48.589s
14. Stefan Bradl GER Red Bull Honda CBR1000RR SP2 +54.649s
15. Randy Krummenacher SWI Puccetti Kawasaki ZX-10R +54.916s
16. Raffaele De Rosa ITA Althea BMW S1000RR +56.434s
17. Ondrej Jezek CZE Grillini Kawasaki ZX-10R +1m 00.000s
Did not finish
Riccardo Russo ITA Guandalini Yamaha YZF-R1
Alex de Angelis SMR Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R
Leon Camier GBR MV Agusta RC F4 RR
Did not start
Ayrton Badovini ITA Grillini Kawasaki ZX-10R