Chaz Davies has dominated to his ninth career WorldSBK double victory the Lausitzring as Jonathan Rea takes second place to extend his championship lead to 70 points over Tom Sykes.
After controlling the pace throughout race one, Davies made solid progress through the field on the reversed grid at the start of race two to jump to third behind Rea and Marco Melandri by the third lap. Once Davies got past Melandri on lap eight he made quick work to reel in Rea and at mid-race distance grabbed the lead up the inside at turn four. Davies then produced a similar race run to the Lausitzring opener by comfortably building an advantage over Rea.
Despite drops of rain during the closing laps, Davies kept calm for a dominant victory at what is expected to be the last World Superbike round at the German circuit. The Welsh rider remains third in the World Superbike championship standings, 110 points off Rea, while the defending champion has extended his overall lead to 70 points on Tom Sykes who finished a distant fourth behind Melandri.
Alex Lowes pulled off a last-lap move on Leon Camier to grab fifth place for Pata Yamaha, albeit 15 seconds off of the leaders, with Lorenzo Savadori having to settle for seventh on the Milwaukee Aprilia while his team-mate Eugene Laverty crashed early on.
Jordi Torres continued to lead the Althea BMW charge in eighth ahead of wildcard Markus Reiterberger on the Van Zon Remeha BMW as Xavi Fores completed the top ten for Barni Ducati.
Full World Superbike race two results at Lausitzring:
1. Chaz Davies GBR Aruba.it Racing Ducati Panigale R 21 laps
2. Jonathan Rea GBR Kawasaki Racing ZX-10RR +2.290s
3. Marco Melandri ITA Aruba.it Racing Ducati Panigale R +4.388s
4. Tom Sykes GBR Kawasaki Racing ZX-10RR +14.167s
5. Alex Lowes GBR PATA Crescent Yamaha R1 +15.786s
6. Leon Camier GBR MV Agusta RC F4 RR +16.023s
7. Lorenzo Savadori ITA Milwaukee Aprilia RSV4 +16.138s
8. Jordi Torres ESP Althea BMW S1000RR +16.900s
9. Markus Reiterberger GER Van Zon Remeha BMW S1000RR +20.355s
10. Xavi Fores ESP Barni Ducati Panigale R +24.066s
11. Michael van der Mark NED PATA Yamaha YZF-R1 +24.885s
12. Leandro Mercado ARG IodaRacing Aprilia RSV4 +35.566s
13. Stefan Bradl GER Red Bull Honda CBR1000RR SP2 +36.772s
14. Raffaele De Rosa ITA Althea BMW S1000RR +38.508s
15. Roman Ramos ESP Team Go Eleven Kawasaki ZX-10RR +39.613s
16. Ondrej Jezek CZE Grillini Kawasaki ZX-10RR +1m+
17. Davide Giugliano ITA Red Bull Honda CBR1000RR SP2 +1m+
18. Ayrton Badovini ITA Grillini Kawasaki ZX-10RR +1m+
19. Massimo Roccoli ITA Guandalini Yamaha YZF-R1 +1m+
Did not finish
Randy Krummenacher SWI Puccetti Kawasaki ZX-10RR
Riccardo Russo ITA Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10RR
Pawel Szkopek POL Pazera Racing Team Yamaha YZF-R1
Eugene Laverty IRE Milwaukee Aprilia RSV4