Marc Marquez has pulled off the perfect last lap scrap against Danilo Petrucci to win in the wet at Misano and level with Andrea Dovizioso at the top of the MotoGP championship standings.
The Repsol Honda rider stalked Petrucci throughout the Misano wet race in the tricky conditions until the last lap when he dived up the inside on the brakes into turn one to take the lead which he held to the chequered flag for a masterful win.
Dovizioso rescued an important result by completing the rostrum and claiming enough points to tie the MotoGP standings with Marquez with five races to go.
Factory Ducati team-mate Jorge Lorenzo led the opening stages before crashing out on lap seven as Hector Barbera, Aleix Espargaro, Sam Lowes, Andrea Iannone and Tito Rabat also came unstuck in the wet.
Maverick Vinales endured a lonely race in fourth for Movistar Yamaha, with team-mate Valentino Rossi sidelined by a broken leg, as Ducati test rider impressed with fifth place ahead of Jack Miller (Marc VDS Honda) and Scott Redding (Pramac Ducati).
Alex Rins claimed an impressive eighth on the Suzuki ahead of Jonas Folger and KTM duo Bradley Smith and Pol Espargaro. Alvaro Bautista grabbed 12th for Aspar Ducati as Cal Crutchlow remounted his LCR Honda for 13th ahead of Dani Pedrosa and Johann Zarco who pushed his Monster Yamaha Tech 3 over the line for 15th.
Misano MotoGP race results:
1. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda (RC213V) 50m 41.565s
2. Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac (GP17) 50m 42.757s
3. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (GP17) 50m 53.271s
4. Maverick Viñales ESP Movistar Yamaha (YZR-M1) 50m 58.124s
5. Michele Pirro ITA Ducati Team (GP17) 51m 1.064s
6. Jack Miller AUS EG 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 51m 6.447s
7. Scott Redding GBR Octo Pramac (GP16) 51m 15.437s
8. Alex Rins ESP Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR)* 51m 16.227s
9. Jonas Folger GER Monster Yamaha Tech3 (YZR-M1)* 51m 35.647s
10. Bradley Smith GBR Red Bull KTM Factory (RC16) 51m 39.529s
11. Pol Espargaro ESP Red Bull KTM Factory (RC16) 51m 42.005s
12. Alvaro Bautista ESP Pull&Bear Aspar (GP16) 51m 58.921s
13. Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) 52m 17.153s
14. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda (RC213V) 52m 20.422s
15. Johann Zarco FRA Monster Yamaha Tech3 (YZR-M1)* 52m 43.777s
16. Loris Baz FRA Reale Avintia (GP15) +1 lap
17. Karel Abraham CZE Pull&Bear Aspar (GP15) +1 lap
Tito Rabat ESP EG 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) DNF
Andrea Iannone ITA Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) DNF
Sam Lowes GBR Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP)* DNF
Aleix Espargaro ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) DNF
Hector Barbera ESP Reale Avintia (GP16) DNF
Jorge Lorenzo ESP Ducati Team (GP17) DNF