Luke Mossey has claimed a maiden MCE British Superbike double victory having clinched his debut race win just hours earlier at Brands Hatch Indy, while defending champion Shane Byrne falls while battling in the front pack.
The JG Speedfit Kawasaki rider came into race two on the ultimate high with his maiden BSB race win and he has backed it up with a second win to clinch an impressive double victory at the Kent track.
After pole-sitter Ellison was forced to pull into the pits on the warm-up with a technical issues on the sighting lap with his rebuilt McAMS Yamaha from his race one off, Mossey followed team-mate Leon Haslam for the opening laps before making a break at Paddock Hill Bend at the start of lap six.
Much like the opening race, Mossey held station at the front and despite not being able to build a similar lead he kept clear of the chasing Haslam and Iddon to charge to a second straight victory.
Haslam and Iddon made it a repeat race two rostrum but the Tyco BMW rider got the better of Haslam by getting an early pass done at Paddock Hill Bend before also easing away in pursuit of Mossey.
Haslam briefly dropped off the top three after being passed by Shane Byrne on lap 24 at Surtees but one corner later at Clearways the defending BSB champion lost the front end of his Be Wiser Ducati to tumble out of the race.
With Haslam returning to third place he eased clear of the chasing pack to ensure he maintain his superb start to 2017 by finishing on the podium in every race.
Further back Anvil Hire Yamaha's Josh Brookes made strong progress through the field from 11th on the grid to reach the top five after Byrne's off and made a last corner mugging on Honda Racing's Jason O'Halloran for fourth place.
Despite losing fourth, Jason O'Halloran walks away from Brands Hatch Indy with the new Fireblade's best results by taking a double top five finish. The second Honda of Dan Linfoot claimed a solid sixth place to demonstrate his team's impressive gains from Donington Park with the new CBR1000RR SP2.
Peter Hickman held off standout BSB rookie Bradley Ray in the scrap for seventh place with Moto Rapido Ducati's John Hopkins in ninth and Bennetts Suzuki's Sylvain Guintoli completing the top ten.
Full race two results for round two of the 2017 MCE British Superbike Championship (BSB) at Brands Hatch Indy.
1. Luke Mossey GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki ZX-10R 22m 57.135s, 30 laps
2. Christian Iddon GBR Tyco BMW S1000RR +0.758s
3. Leon Haslam GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki ZX-10R +1.851s
4. Josh Brookes AUS Anvil Hire TAG Yamaha YZF-R1 +4.032s
5. Jason O'Halloran AUS Honda Racing CBR1000RR +4.188s
6. Dan Linfoot GBR Honda Racing CBR1000RR +8.205s
7. Peter Hickman GBR Smiths Racing BMW S1000RR +8.735s
8. Bradley Ray GBR Buildbase Suzuki GSX-R1000 +8.982s
9. John Hopkins USA Moto Rapido Ducati Panigale R +9.234s
10. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Bennetts Suzuki GSX-R1000 +10.249s
11. Michael Laverty GBR McAMS Yamaha YZF-R1 +13.232s
12. Tommy Bridewell GBR Team WD-40 Kawasaki ZX-10R +13.325s
13. Jake Dixon GBR RAF Reserves Kawasaki ZX-10R +19.751s
14. Taylor Mackenzie GBR Bennetts Suzuki GSX-R1000 +20.980s
15. Jakub Smrz CZE Lloyd & Jones/PR Racing BMW S1000RR +20.300s
16. Lee Jackson GBR Smiths Racing BMW S1000RR +24.565s
17. Billy McConnell AUS Quattro Plant FS-3 Kawasaki ZX-10R +29.796s
18. Shaun Winfield GBR Anvil Hire TAG Yamaha YZF-R1 +38.372s
Did not finish
Shane Byrne GBR Be Wiser Ducati Panigale R
Glenn Irwin GBR Be Wiser Ducati Panigale R
Aaron Zanotti GBR Platform Hire Yamaha YZF-R1
James Westmoreland GBR Gearlink Kawasaki ZX-10R
Did not start
James Ellison GBR McAMS Yamaha YZF-R1
Ruled out by injury
Davide Giugliano ITA Tyco BMW S1000RR