Luke Mossey has clinched his first MCE British Superbike championship race win after seeing James Ellison crash out while leading in race one at Brands Hatch Indy.
After being passed on the opening lap by the pair of JG Speedfit Kawasaki riders, Ellison battled back to the front and looked to build a healthy lead but on lap 12 at the Druids hairpin he tucked the front of his McAMS Yamaha and tumbled out of contention.
Mossey, who had begun to gap team-mate Leon Haslam and Tyco BMW's Christian Iddon before Ellison's off, was thrust into the lead and having produced blitzing race pace during free practice he duly delivered in front.
The JG Speedfit Kawasaki rider measured his race pace using the harder option Pirelli rear tyre and despite a hairy moment coming out of Clearways in the closing stages he held on for a first race win in BSB.
Behind the race winner, Haslam was involved in a race long scrap with Iddon for second place and on the penultimate lap got back past the Tyco BMW rider at Graham Hill Bend to deliver a JG Speedfit Kawasaki 1-2 for the second time in three races.
With Iddon and Haslam tussling, it saw a late race charge from Be Wiser Ducati's Shane Byrne close in on the rostrum places but narrowly missed out by a couple of bike lengths at the chequered flag.
Behind the front four, Honda Racing's Dan Linfoot secured the new Fireblade's best result to date with fifth position and just six seconds off the race winner Mossey.
Glenn Irwin produced another impressive late race charge from 13th on the grid to take sixth place ahead of the second Honda Racing machine of Jason O'Halloran.
McAMS Yamaha were given comfort from Ellison's off with team-mate Michael Laverty in eighth place ahead of Smiths Racing BMW's Peter Hickman and Anvil Hire Yamaha's Josh Brookes.
Full race one results for round two of the 2017 MCE British Superbike Championship (BSB) at Brands Hatch Indy.
1. Luke Mossey GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki ZX-10R 22m 56.655s, 30 laps
2. Leon Haslam GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki ZX-10R +3.529s
3. Christian Iddon GBR Tyco BMW S1000RR +3.802s
4. Shane Byrne GBR Be Wiser Ducati Panigale R +6.920s
5. Dan Linfoot GBR Honda Racing CBR1000RR +7.352s
6. Glenn Irwin GBR Be Wiser Ducati Panigale R +7.544s
7. Jason O'Halloran AUS Honda Racing CBR1000RR +8.588s
8. Michael Laverty GBR McAMS Yamaha YZF-R1 +10.775s
9. Peter Hickman GBR Smiths Racing BMW S1000RR +10.205s
10. Josh Brookes AUS Anvil Hire TAG Yamaha YZF-R1 +10.853s
11. Tommy Bridewell GBR Team WD-40 Kawasaki ZX-10R +14.014s
12. Bradley Ray GBR Buildbase Suzuki GSX-R1000 +14.857s
13. John Hopkins USA Moto Rapido Ducati Panigale R +15.232s
14. Jakub Smrz CZE Lloyd & Jones/PR Racing BMW S1000RR +19.452s
15. Taylor Mackenzie GBR Bennetts Suzuki GSX-R1000 +25.096s
16. Lee Jackson GBR Smiths Racing BMW S1000RR +26.875s
17. James Westmoreland GBR Gearlink Kawasaki ZX-10R +26.908s
18. Billy McConnell AUS Quattro Plant FS-3 Kawasaki ZX-10R +28.986s
19. Aaron Zanotti GBR Platform Hire Yamaha YZF-R1 +29.384s
Did not finish
Sylvain Guintoli FRA Bennetts Suzuki GSX-R1000
Shaun Winfield GBR Anvil Hire TAG Yamaha YZF-R1
Jake Dixon GBR RAF Reserves Kawasaki ZX-10R
James Ellison GBR McAMS Yamaha YZF-R1
Ruled out by injury
Davide Giugliano ITA Tyco BMW S1000RR