Shane Byrne has used his dominant free practice pace to grab pole position at Cadwell Park ahead of Peter Hickman.
The Be Wiser Ducati rider topped every free practice session at the Lincolnshire circuit and duly pulled out a hot lap in Q3 with a 1m 26.265s. With a marker to aim at, Thruxton race two winner Hickman went closest with a late lap of 1m 26.346s to narrowly miss out in second for Smiths Racing BMW.
Haslam, who has won at least one race every time he’s competed at Cadwell Park in BSB, completes the front row for JG Speedfit Kawasaki having nipped ahead of RAF Reserves Kawasaki’s Jake Dixon who is aiming to break into the top six and take a Showdown spot.
Joining Dixon on row two is Honda’s Jason O’Halloran with Smiths Racing’s Lee Jackson producing his best qualifying result of the year with sixth place. Dan Linfoot heads up row three for Honda in front of Tyco BMW pair Andrew Reid and Christian Iddon with the latter suffering a broken chain at the start of Q3 to give him just one timed lap for his pole shootout session.
Josh Brookes was the biggest name missing from Q3 as he was bumped out in the dying seconds of the intermediate session on his Anvil Hire Yamaha by Byrne’s final lap improvement. Brookes is joined on row four by McAMS Yamaha’s Michael Laverty and Team WD-40 Kawasaki’s Tommy Bridewell.
Full BSB Qualifying results from Cadwell Park:
1. Shane Byrne GBR Be Wiser Ducati Panigale R 1m 26.265s
2. Peter Hickman GBR Smiths Racing BMW S1000RR 1m 26.346s
3. Leon Haslam GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki ZX-10RR 1m 26.380s
4. Jake Dixon GBR RAF Reserves Kawasaki ZX-10RR 1m 26.458s
5. Jason O’Halloran AUS Honda Racing CBR1000RR 1m 26.475s
6. Lee Jackson GBR Smiths Racing BMW S1000RR 1m 26.499s
7. Dan Linfoot GBR Honda Racing CBR1000RR 1m 26.687s
8. Andrew Reid GBR Tyco BMW S1000RR 1m 27.101s
9. Christian Iddon GBR Tyco BMW S1000RR 1m 27.148s
10. Josh Brookes AUS Anvil Hire TAG Yamaha YZF-R1 1m 26.858s
11. Michael Laverty GBR McAMS Yamaha YZF-R1 1m 27.141s
12. Tommy Bridewell GBR Team WD-40 Kawasaki ZX-10RR 1m 27.148s
13. Martin Jessopp GBR Ridersmotorcycles BMW S1000RR 1m 27.202s
14. Bradley Ray GBR Buildbase Suzuki GSX-R1000 1m 27.259s
15. James Ellison GBR McAMS Yamaha YZF-R1 1m 27.273s
16. Glenn Irwin GBR Be Wiser Ducati Panigale R 1m 27.307s
17. John Hopkins USA Moto Rapido Ducati Panigale R No time set
18. James Westmoreland GBR Gearlink Kawasaki ZX-10RR No time set
19. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Bennetts Suzuki GSX-R1000 1m 27.906s
20. Jakub Smrz CZE Lloyd & Jones/PR Racing BMW S1000RR 1m 28.106s
21. Taylor Mackenzie GBR Bennetts Suzuki GSX-R1000 1m 28.422s
22. Shaun Winfield GBR Anvil Hire TAG Yamaha YZF-R1 1m 30.102s
23. Aaron Zanotti GBR Platform Hire Yamaha YZF-R1 1m 30.581s
Ruled out by injury
Billy McConnell AUS Quattro Plant FS-3 Kawasaki ZX-10RR
Luke Mossey GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki ZX-10RR