Shane Byrne has claimed the opening victory at Snetterton with a measured performance to hold off a late race charge from Josh Brookes after early contender James Ellison retired with an electrical issue.
The defending BSB champion recovered from a poor start to jump from fourth to second behind Ellison who stormed to the front on the first lap. After the McAMS Yamaha rider went wide at Oggies on lap five Byrne claimed the lead which he never lost as he quickly built an advantage on the chasing pack.
Ellison suffered heartbreak two laps later when his YZF-R1 stopped with a technical issue while running second and with Jason O'Halloran forced on to the grass to avoid his rival, Brookes stretched past to take second place.
The Anvil Hire Yamaha rider then began setting fastest laps to hunt down Byrne but the five-time BSB measured his response to set his own fastest laps of the race to keep a time cushion on the Australian.
Byrne eventually claimed the chequered flag by over two seconds for his seventh win in the past eight races at Snetterton.
Further back O'Halloran also held off a late race charge from Leon Haslam to hold on to the final rostrum spot as Dan Linfoot rounded out the top five.
Double winner from Knockhill Jake Dixon grabbed sixth place for RAF Reserves Kawasaki ahead of Peter Hickman on the Smiths Racing BMW and John Hopkins on the Moto Rapido Ducati.
Bradley Ray grabbed an impressive ninth place for Buildbase Suzuki ahead of Sylvain Guintoli on the Bennetts Suzuki, while Billy McConnell got the better of Michael Laverty in the fight for 11th. Lee Jackson, Tommy Bridewell and Josh Elliott rounded out the points places.
Luke Mossey pulled in on lap three after complaining of no brakes on the JG Speedfit Kawasaki after his bike underwent a complete rebuild from a morning warm-up crash.
Full BSB race one results at Snetterton:
1. Shane Byrne GBR Be Wiser Ducati Panigale R 16 laps, 28m 56.720s
2. Josh Brookes AUS Anvil Hire TAG Yamaha YZF-R1 +3.295s
3. Jason O'Halloran AUS Honda Racing CBR1000RR +7.698s
4. Leon Haslam GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki ZX-10R +7.885s
5. Dan Linfoot GBR Honda Racing CBR1000RR +11.656s
6. Jake Dixon GBR RAF Reserves Kawasaki ZX-10R +14.513s
7. Peter Hickman GBR Smiths Racing BMW S1000RR +14.698s
8. John Hopkins USA Moto Rapido Ducati Panigale R +16.596s
9. Bradley Ray GBR Buildbase Suzuki GSX-R1000 +17.140s
10. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Bennetts Suzuki GSX-R1000 +21.341s
11. Billy McConnell AUS Quattro Plant FS-3 Kawasaki ZX-10R +24.402s
12. Michael Laverty GBR McAMS Yamaha YZF-R1 +25.943s
13. Lee Jackson GBR Smiths Racing BMW S1000RR +31.350s
14. Tommy Bridewell GBR Team WD-40 Kawasaki ZX-10R +34.846s
15. Josh Elliott GBR Tyco BMW S1000RR +37.625s
16. James Westmoreland GBR Gearlink Kawasaki ZX-10R +40.995s
17. Andrew Reid GBR Tyco BMW S1000RR +1m 00.639s
18. Aaron Zanotti GBR Platform Hire Yamaha YZF-R1 +1m 06.242s
19. Shaun Winfield GBR Anvil Hire TAG Yamaha YZF-R1 +1m 15.566s
Did not finish:
James Ellison GBR McAMS Yamaha YZF-R1
Martin Jessopp GBR Ridersmotorcycles BMW S1000RR
Jakub Smrz CZE Lloyd & Jones/PR Racing BMW S1000RR
Luke Mossey GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki ZX-10R
Taylor Mackenzie GBR Bennetts Suzuki GSX-R1000
Ruled out by injury
Glenn Irwin GBR Be Wiser Ducati Panigale R
Christian Iddon GBR Tyco BMW S1000RR