Shane Byrne has claimed his first MCE British Superbike championship win of the season as James Ellison and Leon Haslam were involved in a dramatic collision battling for the rostrum at Oulton Park.
The defending BSB champion secured a strong second place in race one and has gone one better after bolting to the front early on before building a slender lead on the chasing Ellison and Haslam.
Byrne's route to victory was made easier by a massive clash between Ellison and Haslam, with Ellison appearing to pick up a technical issue on his McAMS Yamaha and the chasing Haslam hit the rear of his rival with the impact taking both riders out.
Ellison, with his exhaust bent facing forwards, managed to pull over relatively unscathed and checked on his BSB rival who was reported as okay but taken to the medical centre as precaution.
With Byrne suddenly given a six-second advantage he eased off for victory, while further back a five-way battle for the final two podium spots ignited.
Glenn Irwin made it a Be Wiser Ducati 1-2 by edging past Tyco BMW's Christian Iddon on the penultimate lap to take his best career result in BSB.
Jason O'Halloran also nipped past Iddon at Old Hall on the final lap to grab Honda Racing's maiden BSB rostrum with the new Fireblade CBR1000RR SP2.
Iddon was able to hold off Luke Mossey on the JG Speedfit Kawasaki for fourth place as Josh Brookes claimed sixth on the Anvil Hire Yamaha ahead of Peter Hickman on the Smiths Racing BMW.
Behind the front-runners Tommy Bridewell has completed his best round of the season for Team WD-40 Kawasaki in eighth place, one second clear of John Hopkins on the Moto Rapido Ducati as Billy McConnell completed the top ten on the Quattro Plant FS-3 Racing Kawasaki.
Full BSB race two results from Oulton Park
1. Shane Byrne GBR Be Wiser Ducati Panigale R 18 laps, 28m 45.234s
2. Glenn Irwin GBR Be Wiser Ducati Panigale R +5.218s
3. Jason O'Halloran AUS Honda Racing CBR1000RR +5.309s
4. Christian Iddon GBR Tyco BMW S1000RR +5.574s
5. Luke Mossey GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki ZX-10R +5.881s
6. Josh Brookes AUS Anvil Hire TAG Yamaha YZF-R1 +6.025s
7. Peter Hickman GBR Smiths Racing BMW S1000RR +8.765s
8. Tommy Bridewell GBR Team WD-40 Kawasaki ZX-10R +19.130s
9. John Hopkins USA Moto Rapido Ducati Panigale R +20.293s
10. Billy McConnell AUS Quattro Plant FS-3 Kawasaki ZX-10R +20.431s
11. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Bennetts Suzuki GSX-R1000 +21.264s
12. Jakub Smrz CZE Lloyd & Jones/PR Racing BMW S1000RR +21.327s
13. Lee Jackson GBR Smiths Racing BMW S1000RR +22.180s
14. Martin Jessopp GBR Ridersmotorcycles BMW S1000RR +34.203s
15. Taylor Mackenzie GBR Bennetts Suzuki GSX-R1000 +36.862s
16. Dan Linfoot GBR Honda Racing CBR1000RR +41.674s
17. James Westmoreland GBR Gearlink Kawasaki ZX-10R +44.719s
18. Shaun Winfield GBR Anvil Hire TAG Yamaha YZF-R1 +1m 08.100s
19. Aaron Zanotti GBR Platform Hire Yamaha YZF-R1 +1m 08.410s
Did not finish
James Ellison GBR McAMS Yamaha YZF-R1
Leon Haslam GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki ZX-10R
Jake Dixon GBR RAF Reserves Kawasaki ZX-10R
Michael Laverty GBR McAMS Yamaha YZF-R1
Bradley Ray GBR Buildbase Suzuki GSX-R1000
Alastair Seeley GBR Tyco BMW S1000RR
Michael Dunlop GBR Bennetts Suzuki GSX-R1000