Schuberth has released a new but classic open-face lid and called it 01 – unfortunately is doesn’t come in orange with a Confederate flag on the top.
The O1 is made to Schuberth’s specification using the best materials. The shell is made of glass fibre matrix and comes in three shell sizes. The unique manufacturing methods used for the helmets shell keep the weight low, whilst retaining optimum stability.
Direct Fibre Processing (DFP) is an innovation developed by SCHUBERTH. It involves an endless glass fibre being cut into pieces by a robot and blown into a mould. A precisely defined quantity of resin is added & then compressed at high pressure in a heated mould to create an exceptionally high-strength helmet shell.
The inner lining of the helmet is also packed with modern features, Ergonomically shaped ShinyTex® padding for better head ventilation - seamless, highly functional and breathable, detachable and washable, as well as certified in accordance with Öko-Tex 100.
The helmet was developed in Schuberth’s in-house wind tunnel to ensure the helmet is as aerodynamic as possible while remain as quiet as possible.
It comes in sizes XS-2XL and comes with a five-year warranty when registered online. Price is £259.99
At a glance:
- Five-year WARRANTY
- A modern design with three shell sizes
- ECE R 22.05 as well as DOT tested
- Seamless lining ensures superior wearing comfort Innovative lining: fewer pads for improved head ventilation
- Maximum safety thanks to the helmet shell made of glass fibre matrix
- The smallest version of the Schuberth O1 (XS) weighs in at just 1100g
- Multi Density expanded polysterol (EPS)