Where to buy paraffin in S London?

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Where to buy paraffin in S London?

I've spent considerable time in the archive room dusting off old threads half-eaten by electronic mice and covered in virtual cobwebs and it seems paraffin is the easiest way to clean a chain.

The only thing is, no thread mentions any kind of shop in South London. So, where to you Sarfies (just made it up, does that exist?) buy it from?

I always used to get it from petrol stations, often sits on the forecort with the charcoal etc. Has been a few years since I bought any though. Failing that I would try the likes of B&Q

Wilko's Store finder here..............217.161.9.118/corporateBrochure/page8.htm

Garden centres, DIY stores, anywhere that sells those poncy wiffy candles, garages etc, etc, etc...

any garden center such as Homebase or Focus - look for a product called "Parasene"if you can't find it, get lamp oil or even diesel, both will do the job too

Thanks. Seems it's simpler to find I imagined (I've never seen it before but it's probably because I wasn't looking).

Splat wrote

I've spent considerable time in the archive room dusting off old threads half-eaten by electronic mice and covered in virtual cobwebs and it seems paraffin is the easiest way to clean a chain.

YOU WENT INTO THE BACK ROOM? I had Satanspawn waiting in there, I told him I was sending in Avril Lavigne. Hope he didn't - um - surprise you too much.

Green house heaters use parafin.B&Q gardening section should flog it.

also known as kerosene

Isnt Diesel considered a viable alternative? mebbe even better? I need to clean mine, and am not looking forward to it. How about old engine oil? - isnt it a decent heavy-solvent(great Carcinogen too)? can I wash the chain in it before recycling it?Udhi

Whoozit wrote

YOU WENT INTO THE BACK ROOM? I had Satanspawn waiting in there, I told him I was sending in Avril Lavigne. Hope he didn't - um - surprise you too much.

So that's what was going on! I let SM go in first because he said he needed to urgently find out when DB said something or other that should have been in humour but wasn't. Then I heard lots of noise but it was too dark so I figured he just tripped on the skeleton of somebody who got forgotten in there

Follow Visordown

Latest Bike News

Crash Media Group
Visordown is part of the CMG Full Throttle Network© : welcoming over 3 million consumers each month