Where to buy paraffin in S London?

11 messages
24/01/2003 at 10:52
I've spent considerable time in the archive room dusting off old threads half-eaten by electronic mice and covered in virtual cobwebs and it seems paraffin is the easiest way to clean a chain.

The only thing is, no thread mentions any kind of shop in South London. So, where to you Sarfies (just made it up, does that exist?) buy it from?
24/01/2003 at 10:55
I always used to get it from petrol stations, often sits on the forecort with the charcoal etc. Has been a few years since I bought any though. Failing that I would try the likes of B&Q

Rehab is for quitters!
TIT#93D
www.dazedproductions.co.uk
24/01/2003 at 11:16
Wilko's

Store finder here..............

217.161.9.118/corporateBrochure/page8.htm
24/01/2003 at 11:45
Garden centres, DIY stores, anywhere that sells those poncy wiffy candles, garages etc, etc, etc...

TiT#146A
B Wybrow Motorcycles (Essex) | Thurrock Motorcycle Training (Essex) | David Silver Spares
Rates Ford (Essex)
RBZ
24/01/2003 at 11:53
any garden center such as Homebase or Focus - look for a product called "Parasene"

if you can't find it, get lamp oil or even diesel, both will do the job too

RBZ

24/01/2003 at 12:23
Thanks. Seems it's simpler to find I imagined (I've never seen it before but it's probably because I wasn't looking).

24/01/2003 at 16:50
Splat wrote

I've spent considerable time in the archive room dusting off old threads half-eaten by electronic mice and covered in virtual cobwebs and it seems paraffin is the easiest way to clean a chain.

YOU WENT INTO THE BACK ROOM?

I had Satanspawn waiting in there, I told him I was sending in Avril Lavigne. Hope he didn't - um - surprise you too much.
24/01/2003 at 20:03
Green house heaters use parafin.B&Q gardening section should flog it.
24/01/2003 at 23:14
also known as kerosene

thelondonbikers.com

X-11...The speeding brick :burnout:

If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
24/01/2003 at 23:25
Isnt Diesel considered a viable alternative? mebbe even better? I need to clean mine, and am not looking forward to it. How about old engine oil? - isnt it a decent heavy-solvent(great Carcinogen too)? can I wash the chain in it before recycling it?

Udhi

A Stricken pawn in a mighty game.....

25/01/2003 at 19:29
Whoozit wrote

YOU WENT INTO THE BACK ROOM?

I had Satanspawn waiting in there, I told him I was sending in Avril Lavigne. Hope he didn't - um - surprise you too much.

So that's what was going on! I let SM go in first because he said he needed to urgently find out when DB said something or other that should have been in humour but wasn't.

Then I heard lots of noise but it was too dark so I figured he just tripped on the skeleton of somebody who got forgotten in there
Your say
email image
11 messages