19 messages
02/09/2009 at 19:04

TO HELP YOU ALL WITH META 357T V1 AND V2

CALL ABACUS ALARMS 02086771999

THEY CAN SUPLY AN BRAND NEW ALARM FOR £150 INC POST AND ALL WIRING DIAGRAMS

I PURCHASED ONE AND HAD LOTS OF TECK HELP IN FITTING IT

BUT BELOW IS WHAT I HAVE  WHEN MY ALARM FAILED

HOPE THIS HELPS

LOOKING AT THE CONNECTOR  CLIP AT TOP  WIRE GOING OUT OF BACK OF CONNECTOR META 357TV2

THE PIN NUMBERS ON TOP ROW ARE 6,5,4,3,2,1

MIDDLE ROW 12,11,10,9,8,7

BOTTOM ROW 18,17,16,15,14,13

THEN THE SINGLE CONNECTOR ARE CLIP TOP, TOP ROW 1A BOTTOM 2A

DEPENDING ON WIRING OF THE BIKE LOOP

1 AND 2 (POSIBLE PIN 4 AS WELL)

THEN LINK 1A AND 2A

PIN 1 = ENGIN IMOB RELAY N.C.6

PIN 2 ENG IMOB RELAY C.4

PIN 4 ENG IMOB RELAY NO.5

1A CRANK IMOB RELAY C.7

2A CRANK IMOB RELAY NO.8

PIN 10 SHOULD BE CONNECTED TO PIN 4

ALSO LOOK AT ALARM TRIGER CIRCUIT PIN 9 THIS COULD BE CONNECTED TO THE SIDE STAND OR CLUTCH CIRCUIT (ALARM SOUNDS IF CLUTCH LEAVER OR STAND IS ACTIVATED BEFORE THE ALARM IS DISENGAGED

META 357T1

CLIP NUMBERS ARE THE SAME BUT 1A AND 2A ARE NOT IN WIRING HARNESS

LINK PINS 1 AND 2 , 3 AND 4  . LOOK TO SE IF  PIN 8 IS CONNECTED TO THE  CLUTCH OR SIDE STAND AS PER V2 PIN 9

ALSO LOOK AT PIN 9 THIS IS THE ACCESORY LOOP CIRCUIT (SEAT POD ?)

I HAVE ALL THE PIN NUMBERS AND DESCRIPTION  FOR M351 357T 357TV2 M355

EMAIL ME IF YOU WOULD LIKE THE LIST

BUT REMEMBER EACH BIKE IS DIFFERENT SO A GIXER 600 K2 WILL BE DIFFERENT THAN A K6 WIRING HARNES

REGARDS MARK

21/06/2010 at 21:13

Mark

Looking for info on the META357T as my dragstar 1100 is fitted with one and suddenly will not respond. Would you have the instructions for the META357T so I could try to by pass the alarm Spent all day tracing the wires but a bit relanctant to start un-wiring the alarm. Help would be appreciated.

Bob

22/06/2010 at 09:10

hi

on my bike when the meta packed up i

LINK PINS 1 AND 2 , 3 AND 4  . i could now start the bike (use solid wire into the connector with the alarm box removed)if you follow the wires you will find that say for pin 1 and 2 the wire split will be the same colour so you just join them up  aplies for all the wires but depending on the bike only 10 wires might be connected the others arnt usedif you are none technical or have no soldering itron ect i would leave well alone the harnessif you contact abbucus alarms (on the net) they can arange fitment of a new alarmi fitted the v2 to my bike to save £200 but it took 2 days to remove the old alarm + fit the new one, i am an electronics designer by trade so spent extra care in fitting (used heat shrink intead of black tape to cover the joints)extra

could the alarms internal battery be flat ?

if so switch on the ignition then press the button on the fob to dis arm the alarm (alarm and indicators should blink) then you should be able to start the bike also check that the fuse  for the alarm is ok

if this dont work sounds as if the alarm has packed up

if you changed the bike battery as the old one failed it has been known to take out the alarm as well  contact ABACUS CAR ALARMS TELL 02086771999 I PURCHASED A NEW 357TV2 FOR 148.95 INC POST AND FITTED MY SELF 

hope this helps
24/06/2010 at 07:44

Just tried it and the bike turns over - hooray after a week of ripping off the tank, dismantling the wiring harness cover etc, etc. Won't start yet as I havew to put all connections back on but do I need to do anything in relation to the joined wires as you stste or should I just leave it, I can see two sets of wires that look the same colour that are joined together with one of the alarm wires. Many thanks so far - I wish I had found the info this time last Sunday but at least I know what the wiring harness looks like.

Bob

24/06/2010 at 13:40

hi bob

if connecting the 4 wires has got the bike started then leave all the rest alone as some are protection circuits and disconecting could stop the bike starting

if you wanted to you could dismantle part of bikes harnes and reconect the colored wires back together removing the alarm wires but its a lot of work

meta use black wires for all conections to stop people bypassing the alarm and stealing the bike. grate while it works but not so good when it packs up.

glad to be of help

regards mark

27/06/2010 at 11:44

Mark

Just got round to connecting bike up putting tank on etc. Bike turns over but will not fire, fuel pump is working but I don't seem to be getting a spark at the plug. Also when I put the indicator on all four flash. Sorry to be a pain bit missed the best week for weather and doing my head in now.

Any ideas mate

Bob

27/06/2010 at 18:00

hi bob

have you defanatly conected 1and 2 together and 3 and 4 if there is no connection to one of them then the bike will not start

fuel pump prime on my bike and also if alarm is on when i press the start button the fuel pump pumps which indicates that the alarm is on

have you removed the alarm box and only have the connector on the bike if alarm box still on then an other circuit could be in use

if no alarm box left on then there is some other wire that might need connecting  

if bike has no spark then 3/4 might no be connected 1+2 are starter cut out on gsxr and 2+3 are ignition cut out so there are 2 imobelisers

but on your bike there could be an extra loop that needs connecting

give abacus a call he will try to help also offers a payment of £5.00 to connect to his web site and down load the circuit diagrame for your bike plus lots of other info on meta alarms refundable if you buy an alarm from him also will code old remote to new box so you have 3 remotes

i am not offering or selling for abacus i was told about them from a bike dealers and thats where they get there info from so i whent to abacus to cut out the middle man

the only other way to make sure the bike works is to strip the bike harnes down to find where the alarm had been atached then reconnect the origional wires in the harness my gsxr all wires cut where the same so pins 1+2 black wire with red tracer had been cut at ecu and pins 3+4 whent to a blue wire with a black tracer another ecu connection

for the indicators all i had to do was trace the wires and re-conect the wire that had been cut this is a lot of work to do but it is the only way of compleatly removing the alarm and put the bike back to origional, note not all the wires in the alarm are used

or find a 2nd hand harness and fit that to the bike, if you decide to fit an new alarm then that will cost £250 as the t1 is not available     

unfortunatly withought the bike here and to see connections i an unable offer any more advice

hope you get it sorted if i can help further email me or  you could send photo of the connector ill try to work out how its wired but not easy to do

/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif[/img]uzuki.600r@ntlworld.com]suzuki.600r@ntlworld.com

regards mark 

05/07/2010 at 17:34

Mark

I bet you thought all was sorted but no chance - been away on business so not had chance till the weekend and what a weekend.

Could,nt join the abacus site due to password verification but managed to get a cloured wirng chart from e-bay.

Tried tracing wires etc but it appears that when the alarm was fitted the wires that run from the connection to the alarm and then to the source have been relaced with black wires.

So if I look at the plug on the inition switch a black wire runs from the plug to the alarm and then another from the alarm to where the feed must come from.

I have actually taken the whole loom off now so I was going to trace 1,2,3,4 to understand what connectors they coming from and going to and the same with all the other wires.

I wish I had left alone and just paid for a new alarm.

I did get in touch with a guy posted as alarmman that appears on the forum and he is based in Nuneaton which is close to Wolverhampton so might be an option.

Anyway lets see how things progress.

05/07/2010 at 18:34

I brought a MT v1 + V2 Pin out diagram from Abacus*  and shorted the appropriate wires (1+2, 3+4) at the alarm plug, so I could work on my viffer unhindered by the alarm, one thing I did find out, the alarm still has to be plugged in for the bike to start, but I guess this depends on which cut-outs your alarm fitter used, one of mine was on the ignition circuit, dont know about the other, the fuel pump relay was untouched.

Looks like shorting the wires doesnt actually effect a cut out circuit, but convinces the alarm that everthing is just fine, since mine is armed, but didnt fire the movement alarm when I moved the bike about.

MY meta had gone zombie and forgotten which fobs were register, cos it was off the battery for 5 month, and I kept triggering the 20 hour lock out by mis entering the code,  the damn fool fitter put the LED in the tail, and you can't reach the key and see the LED...

*Still got 4 credits left to buy 4 more pin outs, if anyone has a suggestion for popular alarms that would be good to have the wiring for. the credits are only valid for a limited time, so suggestions are welcome.

From alternators to zip-ties, Wemoto's got it, and we'll send it anywhere.

http://www.visordown.com/members/images/236902/Gallery/vfr1.gif

VFR Owners club, monstering young whippersnappers on R1s. *

*with 3 piece luggage, the wife and her dog.

Edited: 05/07/2010 at 18:44
05/07/2010 at 21:11

I may well get the pin out from abacus so I at least know what goes where on the META357T

One mistake I did make was that I decided to cut the wires at the back of the plug and join them together and mentioned the bike turned over but would not start - do you think ths could be due to the plug being out - should the wires from the plug be joined also?

On the alrm front I have been able to move the bike around without setting the alarm so it has been on the way out - now chance of moving at the moment though

One of those where I should have left alone and splashed out the cash for a new one.

06/07/2010 at 18:00

When I short any system, I generally just just get 2 inches of wire/strip the ends, and jam the ends in the back of the appropriate holes on the connector, no cutting or unplugging, unless specifically told to.

For example, wires 1+2 could be a safety interlock to stop the alarm arming with the bike running, one end is on the fuel relay engine speed sensor, so the alarm can see the engine is turning over already (the fuel relay sensor generally reads the engine revs if they are over 1500, the relay is activated, and the pump goes live).

Now you short this, because you want to convince the alarm the bike is at 1500rpm, AND you still want the other end to read and trigger the fuel relay, if you cut at the pump end, the relay cant get a signal from the rev sensor, if you cut the alarm end, then your short wont close the rev detection circuit on the alarm, convincing it that the bike is already running.

This scenario is completely fictitious, just to demonstrate the difference between shorting 2 pins, and making them closed circuit  removing the alarm, which is what it sounds like you did. Because you removed the alarm, none of the cut-out cicuits will be complete, which is why you leave the alarm on and lie to it, so it activates the cut out circuits for you.

Edited: 06/07/2010 at 18:03
13/07/2010 at 19:10
Fucking big thank you as I nick your mates bike
13/07/2010 at 19:24

Why d'ya think I used a ficticious scenario.

And I showed my mate how to wire the HT to the handlebars and fit an RFID tag to his leathers with matching reader on the bike....do tell me how 67,000 volts feels.

Not like the most basic skills at using google would reveal far more.

Edited: 13/07/2010 at 19:31
19/05/2011 at 10:37
got a meta m355 alarm set up n my bike with 2 round fobs. battries went dead in both fobs had the battries replaced, but now my bike will not disarm so cant ride it...simple problem...is there a simple solution??? pleeeease help screwin i have 2 walk 65mins to work every morning at 4am!!!oh yeh i have no red card wiv code on it bike came with no alarm info just bike keys and 2 fobs...somebody out there help meeeeeeee. many thanks in advance
15/01/2012 at 14:24
Can a meta 357t v.1 be replaced directly ( no wiring, just plug'n'play) by a meta 357t v.2.... ? any advice appreciated,
25/02/2012 at 14:36
Hi Does anyone know of a 'Mobile' Meta 357t Engineer please
28/04/2012 at 20:08
Hi Mark i have a yamaha fjr 2002 model   with a meta357T alarm  the remotes have stopped working!!!! replaced batterys in remote but no joy.  this seems tobe a common fault bike starts with unlock code   I want to leave alarm connected to the bike for insurance   can you tell me which wires to bridge and do i leave the alarm pluged in
08/06/2012 at 11:59

Hi mark thanks for reply to my meta 357T problem could you email me the information on the terminals it may help!!!  ill try bridging terminals 1 and 2   3 and 4 this weekend

email stephen.cox280@ntlworld.com

19/04/2014 at 21:56

hi i was wondering if any body could help me please... i have a gsxr 600 k4, got a meta 375T alarm on it...the problem has happen a couple of times now. the problem is that the hazard light start to flash then wont stop...there is also a ticking noise comeing out of the alarm box.... the only way to make it stop is to disconnect the main battry supply and wait for 10 or so minutes...i can then reconnect the battry and seem to solved the problem, the bike starts fine and runs fine. can any1 body help me pleasssseee?? thanks lee

Your say
email image
19 messages