How do you derestrict a cg 125?

19 messages
23/10/2006 at 13:38
Hi ive just bought a cg125 and just finished running it in was wondering if anyone new how to derestrict it to get that little bit of extra power?
Thanks Dave
23/10/2006 at 14:18
They aren't restricted, they are naturally slow.

Sorry, that's not what you wanted to hear was it
23/10/2006 at 15:57
Zanx wrote

i was thinking that lol....

Go To The Dan Cannell Racing Website

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/pakratt1991/haha.gif

Good men do finish last....

"Food makes people fat - look at the people in the concentration camps... they went in fat but they weren't fat when they left.  It's simple innit."

23/10/2006 at 18:40
Zanx wrote

Nope, he wants to hear about that blind pipe on the exhaust header that you chop off and weld up, and of course the second air filter they use to reduce noise.

Sorry fella, time for a bigger bike. I had a CG125 to learn on, back in the days when they had kickstarters and a drum brake up front. It was far from fast, but adequate for the job. Go much faster and you'll end up tying the suspension and tyres in knots anyway. Came off mine a couple of times due to trying that bit too hard. Also - did they get round to putting fold-up pegs on the buggers yet? That's a fun thing to learn in roughly that order!
24/10/2006 at 01:25
blessmycg wrote
Nope, he wants to hear about that blind pipe on the exhaust header that you chop off and weld up, and of course the second air filter they use to reduce noise.

Sorry fella, time for a bigger bike. I had a CG125 to learn on, back in the days when they had kickstarters and a drum brake up front. It was far from fast, but adequate for the job. Go much faster and you'll end up tying the suspension and tyres in knots anyway. Came off mine a couple of times due to trying that bit too hard. Also - did they get round to putting fold-up pegs on the buggers yet? That's a fun thing to learn in roughly that order!

Hehehe, same on Honda C70's.....lean.....lean.......skrrrrrrshhhhhh.....kewwwl skrrrrrshhhhhh some more............PIVOT....OHBUGGERIMGONNADIE!!!!!!!
24/10/2006 at 07:05
Zanx wrote
Hehehe, same on Honda C70's.....lean.....lean.......skrrrrrrshhhhhh.....kewwwl skrrrrrshhhhhh some more............PIVOT....OHBUGGERIMGONNADIE!!!!!!!

has anyone not done that

for derestricting CG, like said it prolly isn't 'restricted'. You may be able to tease more power by going with a bigger carb, free-er flowing filter, pipe and jetting to suit. But not worth the hass - I'd leave the bike as it is (reliable, solid).
You could try changing the rear sprocket for one with less teeth. In theory that will give you more top speed if there's enough power to pull the gear. You'll trade acceleration and may well be slower up hills or need a few down shifts.

hth

drinking is not the answer, but it may help you forget the question :burp:
24/10/2006 at 09:23
motopat wrote
has anyone not done that

for derestricting CG, like said it prolly isn't 'restricted'. You may be able to tease more power by going with a bigger carb, free-er flowing filter, pipe and jetting to suit. But not worth the hass - I'd leave the bike as it is (reliable, solid).
You could try changing the rear sprocket for one with less teeth. In theory that will give you more top speed if there's enough power to pull the gear. You'll trade acceleration and may well be slower up hills or need a few down shifts.

hth

I'm not sure if the new ones have a rev counter, but I know mine never did, so it's hard to tell what you have left in reserve and whether or not the gearing is right. I once had 73 indicated emm pee aitches on mine... downhill, with the wind behind me! It was never going to go any faster as it was, and without a rev counter, I couldnt tell you if it was revving out or had more to give.
24/10/2006 at 13:39
Could you swap the engine for a CBR125 unit? Can't be that different and they're good for 80mph at least.
17/05/2008 at 15:51
u can actually buy big bores for youre honda cg for that little bit more power !!
18/05/2008 at 01:54

SEE GOD THEN BACK OFF!!
18/05/2008 at 02:14

Zanx wrote (see)

hehe i do this occasionally on deliveries on an innova - can never get sparks though

i once did it from the main road onto a side road, gunned the throttle, touched the peg on the floor in the tightest turn i've done on anything - right infront of two bicycle police who were about the cross on the pavement. best day ever!! i wish i could have seen their faces. anything becomes comedy if executed with a big pizza box on the back

[code]_====_ |'--'| ~ ~ ([. ][ .]) ~ ~ with great pizza ( ) = = ( ) ~ ww\=__=/ "==~ comes great responsibility | || | | || | RIP MY SIGNATURE - NO BBS CODE nn '' nn[/code]
07/06/2009 at 13:28
07/06/2009 at 22:14
Without knowing the stud spacing, and maximum acceptable liner diameter of the receiving bottom end, it's kinda hard to say ain't it?

arrrf.
30/07/2009 at 11:03
can you get alloys for a cg125 (2005) or will another bikes alloys fit?
30/07/2009 at 11:10
ahhhh...Memories......I remember fitting High Tech Racing reeds to my RS100 to try and squeeze that bit extra.

And a 185cc engine to my GT100

"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."
30/07/2009 at 16:46
Simple answer.  DON'T. Its designed as it is for a reason.  Its the same with GSX-R 750 owners.  Spend £8000 on bike and fit a Yoshi system for £1600.  They'd of been better just buying a Thou!!!
30/07/2009 at 22:09
SeanTDG wrote (see)
can you get alloys for a cg125 (2005) or will another bikes alloys fit?
If the standard wheels are spoked, then they'll be alloy rims & hubs and far lighter than any cast or forged alloy wheels you might fit. Difference is that the cast or forged wheels will be stiffer and have better aerodynamics - but neither are really a concern for a CG.

arrrf.
27/06/2010 at 09:27
12/05/2011 at 18:20
hii yes you can the cb cdx and many other honda's mines old classic running honda ls wheels with full double pistons all round looking to put a xr185 engine in it lol
Your say
email image
19 messages