Honda CBF 125 noise

5 messages
wol
05/01/2012 at 16:08
Hi guys i have a Honda CBF 125 bought second hand started riding it on the 23rd of December and almost every time i start up after around a minute there is one metallic clicking noise. Now mechanic wise I don't know much, the only thing I can think of is that the bike is F.I and has an automatic choke and I'm wondering if it is just that disengaging? anyone have the same noise or knows what it is?
Many thanks
06/01/2012 at 23:03
If it was related to an automatic choke I'd expect it to be accompanied by a change in engine revs - is there any change?

arrrf.
wol
07/01/2012 at 09:55
Nope there isnt but someone suggested that it was just the exhaust brackets expanding from the cold mornings
08/01/2012 at 13:21

Yeah, could be - though it wouldn't be the brackets expanding it'd be the exhaust expanding  & moving on the brackets.

You could try warming the bike up until the noise happens, then slightly loosen the exhaust mounts beneath the engine & at the rear, let the exhaust re-seat, then tighten them back up again..

Be careful - if they're corroded you might round the bolts, but if they're in good nick then it might be worth doing it anyway to give the threads a coat of copper slip.

arrrf.
07/05/2012 at 10:00
Hello to everyone, I am living in Tralee, Co. Kerry, Ireland.I have had a CBR 125 R for 5 years and I cant find fault with it. I have traded it in against a new CBF 125. I hope to have it in a weeks time. Even though I am 54 I feel like a young lad getting his first bike. By the way I have been riding bikes for 35 years. I am glad to have found this forum and I wish everyone safe biking.
Your say
email image
5 messages