Datatool 433 alarm problem

11 messages
02/04/2006 at 12:26
Had to repost this message again due to admin error. Thanks to those guys who have already responded.

I own an R6 and had to replace battery - now the alarm seems to be functioning but its preventing the ignition from switching on. I've heard that after disconnecting the battery the alarm resets itself, but I've also heard it's possible to solve this problem with a sequence of functions?? But I've lost the manual. Can anyone help??

Thanks in advance and thanks again to the people who have replied. Cheers
02/04/2006 at 12:44
Hi, Assume you've tried here www.datatool.co.uk/consumer/support/.
Sorry if not much help.

Russ

Did I order the drinks guys?
02/04/2006 at 14:55
Thanks - Yeh I've sent them an email just waiting for a reply. Ta
22/04/2008 at 13:26
hi could someone help me ive took battery off when i put it back on i cant turn alarm off changed batterys in fob n still the same its a datatool 433
22/05/2009 at 21:03

Hi there, I ve got a problem with my alarm system. I've got datatool 433 alarm system instaled in my motorcycle Honda CBR900RRV. The probelm is that after taking the motorcycle battery away and put it back the transmitter of the alarm system in not working. I can't turn on the engine. After the turning on the Motorcycle ignition alarm starts to beep. What should I do? How should I re-program a new transmitter?

Thanks indeed.

12/06/2010 at 14:17
I have the same trouble on my Triumph 955i. I have a new battery but when I connect it the alarm won't switch off. Major pain
27/03/2012 at 20:38
hi ,
I have a cbr 1000f 1996 model . bought 3 days ago. everything fine but suddenly the fob is not working eventhough the witness light is coming on on the fob.

the witness light on the bike keep flashing rapidly. I have not got any paperwork for the alarm, could you please help?

thank you
Olivier
10/07/2012 at 14:41

http://www.datatool.co.uk/pdfs/veto_evo_ds.pdf

I have the same problem on a zx7r 

Havent tried it yet but i spoke to a technician on the phone and he said it works....

Edited: 10/07/2012 at 14:40
10/07/2012 at 17:49

It is possable to resync the transmitters with the alarm on that particular model alarm.

i.e. Datatool evo 433hz

turn ignition off, then near the alarm push down and hold both the triangle and the circle buttons on the transmitters, in theory after around 20 secs the alarm will chirp to show that they are now re-aligned

28/07/2012 at 14:08

I am mobile and can remove any alarm you are having issues with once i have confirmed if it can be fixed or not, as i said im mobile and based just north of london

sponsors-
www.stevejordanmotorcycles.co.uk
www.seton-tuning.co.uk

Life begins at 10k revs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
08/01/2014 at 19:34
'433' (MHz) is the frequency that the remote control transmitters operate. I think that the ones in question are those sold with the Datatool Veto Evo.
It is often the alarm unit itself that has the issue (rather than the 433 remote controls)... this alarm was Datatool's first Thatcham Category 1 approved alarm/immobiliser (1998 I think) and wasn't the most reliable.
I am a long time 'out of stock' of Evo PCBs (replacement internal Printed Circuit Boards), but I have many replacement remote controls (433 type and probably every other Datatool alarm for the last 20 years!!!!). I also have the programming instructions for all remotes (I can email them to anyone needing assistance).
As per cymruambyth above I'm willing and able to remove probably any alarm of any bike... I have a workshop in Nuneaton (Warwickshire/Leicestershire border), but I am mostly mobile covering the whole of the Midlands and further afield sometimes too!
Cheers,
Pete 07877 552759
Your say
email image
11 messages