cbr 600 clutch

6 messages
18/04/2001 at 20:48
I own a 98 cbr 600,when the clutch is dis-engaged it is quite noisy.When the clutch is engaged,the noise disappears.Incidentally the bike has only covered 1600 miles.Comments much appreciated.
19/04/2001 at 08:11
That's perfectly normal, the same as the clunky gearbox.

My '97 (FV) has got 24K miles on the clock, and the clutch has rumbled and farted since day one.

I'm not sure about how long the average clutch will last (depending on how you ride of course), but my bikes been caned a fair bit and it's still going strong on the original clutch.

Nowt to worry about

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it
19/04/2001 at 09:09
as above mate,

They all do it!!! My old '98 CBR6 did the same ir rumbled and rattled like a good'un!

Apparently it's something to do with the way it was designed

I had 24K miles on mine, and the clutch was still bloody good (the feckin cable snapped mind u!!! That was probably due to winter riding?)

Bloody good bike tho!
19/04/2001 at 10:13
Russ wrote

I had 24K miles on mine, and the clutch was still bloody good (the feckin cable snapped mind u!!! That was probably due to winter riding?)

Join the club, my secondary throttle cable snapped at 22K miles - clutch cable snapped two days after !

Pants !

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it
19/04/2001 at 12:02
Puck,

Take it you had trouble trying to get a bloody replacement clutch cable???

I did, i rang a dozen bike shops who said, "oh we need to order that in, it takes a few days etc.... not a common part etc..."

Managed to get one shop who had two left in stock! And having fixed it meself, i part ex'd the bike for my new VFR a week later!!!
19/04/2001 at 12:12
Russ,

The local Honda dealer usually gets parts the next day as long as they know before 3pm.

The clutch cable was easy enough to replace.

I got the old throttle cable off, but couldn't get the new one on without taking the carbs off, so I got the dealer to do it.

Hit it
Your say
email image
6 messages