carb settings for a tzr 125 4dl

problems with carb settings

9 messages
24/01/2009 at 14:29

hi

im new to hear but not new to bikes lol i have bought a tzr 125 4dl and looking for the carb settings its a 32mm

VHSB/VHSA  dellorto carb

i cant find the settings any were im looking for any thing loat hight jets i should add its for a completly standerd bike nothing has been changed..... its just sitting in the garage at the moment becuase every time i start it its goes fine for like 3 seconds then becomes flooded the power valve is great i put a new piston and ring in it worked great tehn i got home turn it off went to go on it the next day started fine rev'ed burrrrrr died the splug was covered in fuel.... so would like some carb settings if any one has any many thanks lood!

10/01/2010 at 09:33
hi i ahd the same problem in the end i had to sell it as a non runner these are a night mare to set up as the mixture screw is on the frame well threw the frame . where abouts do you live i might be able to help .? when i sold mine the bloke rang up to tell me the barb just needed cleanin properly my settings were correct
12/10/2010 at 19:19
HI IHAVE A 1990 TZR 125 HAVEING A PROBLEM SETTING UP THE CARBURETTOR THE ILDE SCREW HAS NO EFFECT ON THE TICK OVER ATALL AND STRUGGLES TO REV BUT WHEN THE CHOKE IS PULLED OUT SLIGHTLY BIKE WE REV UP BUT TAKES A WHILE TO SETTLE BACK DOWN CAN ANBODY HELP STRESS STRESS
14/10/2010 at 21:52

Could be the throttle slide is being held open by something other than the throttle stop, so is flowing a lot of air, so the idle screw has no effect and the revs will take a while to die away.

Or it could be an air leak somewhere between the carb and the engine. Try spraying some carb cleaner around that area and see if the revs pick up - if so then you've got an air leak.

arrrf.
07/05/2012 at 16:06
i have a tzr 125 4dl black and silver just been stan stevens tuned and full rebuild starts bogging down at 10000 revsand struggles and only get to 80 done a plug chop and the plug was bone dry yellow could this be running lean causeing the bike to bog down its has a 148 main jet (standerd jet) and any one no how much the airmixture screw need turned out ? please help ready to put a hammer to it loads spent and running crap
Edited: 07/05/2012 at 16:07
07/05/2012 at 20:23

To be honest mate - if you've just had Stan tune it, then the best person to talk to is Stan himself! He'll know exactly what he's done, and what you'll need based on the symptoms.

Having said that, if that 148 is a standard jet, then why the FUCK haven't you rejetted it after having it tuned? Are you TRYING to blow it up?

Seriously - if Stan's just tuned it and didn't advise you on jetting then either he was having a baad day or you weren't paying attention!

arrrf.
Edited: 07/05/2012 at 20:24
08/05/2012 at 01:21

http://www.dingsme.info/avatar3.jpg

hi i ahd the same problem in the end i had to sell it as a non runner these are a night mare to set up as the mixture screw is on the frame well threw the frame .

20/05/2012 at 02:14
  i have had a mick abbey port job just done on n my 4dl and it bogs down still in the low end.  the bike has sat for a few years so i will clean carb tomorow. does any one have an idea.
29/10/2012 at 15:52

is this a joke . on reading some of the posts in this thread i could not help but laugh . one kid sold his bike bcause he didnt know how to set a carb up . and there all agreed that its harder having the timing screw on the frame where it is easiest to access . lol you idiots .    the tzr 125 4dl is one of if not the very best sports 125 road bike that was ever manufactured .  compared to lets say a nsr 125 it makes it look like a toy . the tzr belgarda is in a class of its own

Your say
email image
9 messages