NEW Visordown Marketplace

Browse latest bikes for sale. List your bikes for FREE

What sportsbike wheels fit 2001 WR426 ?

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
What sportsbike wheels fit 2001 WR426 ?

Does anybody know ?
I could be buying one in dirt trim and would like to convert it to s/moto as cheaply as possible .
Any useful info would be appreciated, Ta

Nige, here are the dimensions off the GSXR400 that i used for the DRZ......don't know if they would suit the WR? the dimension that says "doesn't matter" was for bearing sizes that could be altered to suit.There are also photos of the bike on my homepage

theres a bloke running a WR on 3 spoke wheels in NORA 'B' s...FZR400/600 based possibly????

evolution6 wrote

theres a bloke running a WR on 3 spoke wheels in NORA 'B' s...FZR400/600 based possibly????

And he has no worries about jumps n stuff??Good to hear.

WRSM wrote

And he has no worries about jumps n stuff??Good to hear.

Aint not many jumps with NORA!!

evolution6 wrote

I was thinking that something like that might fit. As this would only be for road use, the 'jumps' thing isn't an issue. Anyone here fitted a set of these ?

Nige, A mate of mine is a very good bike engineer and would do this no problem. He's local and very cheap... too cheap really but what the hell. PM me if you'd like his number.PS.. he's in Redhill

Nige Harford wrote

I was thinking that something like that might fit. As this would only be for road use, the 'jumps' thing isn't an issue. Anyone here fitted a set of these ?

may be worth looking at RGV250 wheels..they could be a possibility, I have heard of em being fitting to other homemade SM's(I have a billet 320mm brake adapter bracket for a WR I am about to put on ebay, PM me if yer interested )

evolution6 wrote

may be worth looking at RGV250 wheels..they could be a possibility, I have heard of em being fitting to other homemade SM's(I have a billet 320mm brake adapter bracket for a WR I am about to put on ebay, PM me if yer interested )

RGV wheels. No-one would put those on a Motard, surely???????

Did you dent the underside of the exhaust jumping with them wheels on??

evolution6 wrote

Did you dent the underside of the exhaust jumping with them wheels on??

No.....factory dents to clear the rear caliper.

wr/yz supermoto wheels complete with intermediate tyres discs and sprocket talon hubs also calliper bracket also £450 ono 07831 836957 or email [email]fred4@talk21.com[/email] advertised on URL=http://www.enduro.freeserve.co.uk/forsale.htm]here[/URL] Nothing to do with me, just saw them and thought you might be interested. If there not the right year (rear axle sizes are different) you can get all the neccesary bits from talon to convert them for around £30 (I think). mat

sent ya a pm Nige

evolution6 wrote

sent ya a pm Nige

One on its way back. Cheers

Nigeif you fancy trying a pair of rgv wheels, drop me a pm. I live near Northallerton.But I guess you have not got the bike yet?

I don't think you will find any road bike wheels that will go straight in without some mucking about. I have a YZ400f that I got some Cagiva Mito wheels to fit quite easily after making up a few spacers etc. 2 wheels, tyres & discs (320mm front) for about £130-00 although wheels needed painting & tyres were not that good. 110 front tyre & 150 rear were just about right.I can put you in touch with the guy I got mine from if you are interested as he breaks Mito's. He's in the Aldershot area.Be carefull if you go for wheels of a larger capacity bike as width is quite toght on YZ's.Tony.

Questions for a cryptic conversation

I picked up some 6 spoke 2011 SP525 cagiva mito wheels. They seem to fit pretty well. I'll need to either find some custom size bearings (21.88mm x47 mm) or lathe an axle slightly to fit the standard size bearing 20x47, in which I've purchased a cheap used one on eBay. Should be easy enough.
Secondly, the rear disc brake is inset to narrow to where we need the chain ring stationed. Therefore, I've designed a brake rotor adaptor & relocator, out 12.5 mm appropriately to meet the brake caliper to factory set. I still need to find a machine shop to fabricate this adaptor ring, perhaps a simple jet & mill will compete it all.
Once I get that in place, and lathe down a good used axle I've ordered, I can finally fab up some wheel spacers and assemble this project hooligan supermoto.
This is the route I've found myself deciding to go. I'd like to know what other route did you need to take to fit these wheels onto your YZ 400?

Follow Visordown

Latest News

Latest Features

Crash Media Group
Visordown is part of the CMG Full Throttle Network© : welcoming over 3 million consumers each month