Towbar mounted motorcycle rack - would you...?

1 to 20 of 35 messages
01/09/2004 at 18:39
Do you, or would you use one of these racks to ferry your bike around?

www.towbarwarehouse.co.uk/towbar_accessories/motorbike_rack.html

Considering this as decent used single bike trailers at sensible prices (i.e. a good saving on new price, unlike some items seen on Ebay recently!) seem to be as rare as rocking horse shit up ere!
01/09/2004 at 18:40
wordlab wrote
Do you, or would you use one of these racks to ferry your bike around?

www.towbarwarehouse.co.uk/towbar_accessories/motorbike_rack.html

Considering this as decent used single bike trailers at sensible prices (i.e. a good saving on new price, unlike some items seen on Ebay recently!) seem to be as rare as rocking horse shit up ere!

Hi,

Got one, use it quite a lot, bought it from Sandifords, can't remember how much but never had an issue with it!

Cheers,
Carl.

Carl.

01/09/2004 at 18:41
01/09/2004 at 20:18
Not sure about these bike racks so a trailer would be a better purchase.On the other hand my mate has one of these racks on the back of his Discovery,this like having a push bike on the back of a family car.
I used one 15 years ago when i was doing MX,it was on the back of 306 and only suitable for short journeys,slow/medium speeds(nothing over 50 MPH)

Had a wee lookie at the site and i think the rack is a little expensive,try Dave Cooper on Kent.He will do a bike rack for round 60 pounds and a trailer for 199 pounds.The choice is yours.

Try www.davecooper.co.uk or Trials and MX news out evert Friday.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m213/Redstripevan/Crail-1.jpg www.scottishsupermoto.com

Visit our new web site and keep up with the lattest news on the forum. 

01/09/2004 at 21:32
As Zanx said, max nose weight of the car is the stumbling block with these racks.

Just consider yourself lucky that Funners is on holiday, he has a thing about these racks.
01/09/2004 at 21:58
used to carry a cr125 on the back of a pug 309, was a bit young and stoopid at the time.

wheelies were common in the car, wouldnt even think about using one now

http://www.rgv250.co.uk/forums/style_emoticons/default/wales.gif

Iesi Mawr  

01/09/2004 at 22:58
pogie wrote
As Zanx said, max nose weight of the car is the stumbling block with these racks.

Just consider yourself lucky that Funners is on holiday, he has a thing about these racks.

what ya trying to say ??? eh ?? eh ?? eh ???

unless ya own a big ferk orff 4x4...dont bother....the things are dangerous and if you get stopped or worse have an off.......it big fines hooge points and the lot......it comes under dangereous loads/driving as the weight is hung way off the back of the vehicle....
for example...(see.ya got me started now ! )
a Sierra....common tow car.... nose weight allowed........50 KGS....50 ferkin KGS..the rack will weigh nearly that let alone the bike as well !
01/09/2004 at 23:16
Funners wrote
what ya trying to say ??? eh ?? eh ?? eh ???

unless ya own a big ferk orff 4x4...dont bother....the things are dangerous and if you get stopped or worse have an off.......it big fines hooge points and the lot......it comes under dangereous loads/driving as the weight is hung way off the back of the vehicle....
for example...(see.ya got me started now ! )
a Sierra....common tow car.... nose weight allowed........50 KGS....50 ferkin KGS..the rack will weigh nearly that let alone the bike as well !

welcome home - straight back into the thick of it eh ???
01/09/2004 at 23:17
zoomer wrote

Ferkin yarkshire troublemakers!!!

NFI
01/09/2004 at 23:26
zoomer wrote

oi.....PINK BIKE boy......divvent start !
01/09/2004 at 23:27
evolution6 wrote
Ferkin yarkshire troublemakers!!!

and you ...fat lad !
01/09/2004 at 23:31
Funners wrote
and you ...fat lad !

cheeky bastid... I'll have you know.. yer bro-in-law dropped off a case of hi-energy drink for me tonight!! :burnout:

and me dogs whining for his new lurrve......MZPOG!!

NFI
01/09/2004 at 23:33
evolution6 wrote
cheeky bastid... I'll have you know.. yer bro-in-law dropped off a case of hi-energy drink for me tonight!! :burnout:

and me dogs whining for his new lurrve......MZPOG!!

so..thats a case of Carlsberg SPECIAL BRREW then ????
and Pog as well ????

was the git in MY van ?????
01/09/2004 at 23:36
Funners wrote
so..thats a case of Carlsberg SPECIAL BRREW then ????
and Pog as well ????

he was..

we went doing donuts on the local Mc'dees in it!!..great fun shreadin them remoulds

NFI
01/09/2004 at 23:37
evolution6 wrote
he was..

we went doing donuts on the local Mc'dees in it!!..great fun shreadin them remoulds

thats his wages docked then..........
01/09/2004 at 23:38
Funners wrote
thats his wages docked then..........

Judging by how my dog was sniffing Pog's crotch...I bet his parts have been docked as well!!

NFI
01/09/2004 at 23:49
Funners wrote

He was. Driving it with his eyes shut too apparently

02/09/2004 at 09:00
Right the, bad idea these racks I guess, didnt mean to cause so much offence by raising this subject again! (Funners! )
02/09/2004 at 09:02
Funners wrote
oi.....PINK BIKE boy......divvent start !
.....I wouldn't dare !!!

but I can't see much pink in here.......

02/09/2004 at 09:07
wordlab wrote
Right the, bad idea these racks I guess, didnt mean to cause so much offence by raising this subject again! (Funners! )

No offence taken......
it just amuses me again and again when people think you can hang 160KGS off the back end of a car and it'll be ok..
1 to 20 of 35 messages