Rillfit Tyre Cutters, a price at last!

13 messages
17/12/2002 at 20:33
After a stupid amount of searching I found an electric tyre groover in Germany. It works out at £180, alot cheaper than Demon Tweeks but I have to wait for the email to come back from the German shop to see how much post will be. I'm looking at cutting my own slicks and saving a few pahnds over regular road tyres.
17/12/2002 at 20:38
That's a lot of tyres you'll need to cut to get your moneys worth!!!
17/12/2002 at 21:00
Zanx, would you also be making enquries as to how much reduction (£`s) if you were to buy 3/4/5 of them

The "Lydd Backmarker"
Photo by GLM
# 1 T.A.R.T.
Trying and REALLY TRYING)
17/12/2002 at 21:04
forgot to ask, are they the type that only heat the blade when you push it into tyre ?

The "Lydd Backmarker"
Photo by GLM
# 1 T.A.R.T.
17/12/2002 at 21:06
Dunner, depends if they speak Eeengleeesh or not I guess. It's a toss up between the Rillfit from Germany or asking one of our American bretheren to send us over some Ideal cutters, problem with the Ideal cutters is that they are 110v whereas the Rillfit are 240v and generally of a much higher quality. We'll F2 wait for the email.

Dunner, er yes, they only turn on when it's pushed into the tyre.

More info HERE
17/12/2002 at 21:13
had to ask, cos i`ve used the type with a trigger, many years
ago, and thems a pain.
shall have a look at "HERE"

The "Lydd Backmarker"
Photo by GLM
# 1 T.A.R.T.
17/12/2002 at 21:57
zanx wrote

After a stupid amount of searching I found an electric tyre groover in Germany. It works out at £180, alot cheaper than Demon Tweeks but I have to wait for the email to come back from the German shop to see how much post will be. I'm looking at cutting my own slicks and saving a few pahnds over regular road tyres.

Zanx, you should have said, I got meself a brilliant tyre cutter for about £175 including a load of spare blades.

I rang one of my mates who owns a large haulage company and he pit me in contact with them.

The first weekend it arrived, Jim and I started practicing, me, well I just had to cut me name into a tyre.

Keep all your old tyres for practice, cos your gonna need it, wot surprised me is slicks that I thought were shagged could be recut for the road and look like new.

Now Motardless
17/12/2002 at 22:05
JK, they still available? What make etc...?
17/12/2002 at 22:21
ditto JK

The "Lydd Backmarker"
Photo by GLM
# 1 T.A.R.T.
17/12/2002 at 22:29
zanx wrote

JK, they still available? What make etc...?

Zanx,

These work by applying pressure, which then creates a circuit, no trigger.

Here's a copy of the leaflet that came with the cutter, I ordered it from a company called Bob Richardson Tools, if you ring speak to Bal on 01384-482789, fax: - 01384-481888

I have just checked up the purchase order, I paid £149 + VAT for the cutter with one pack of blades and I bought 2 more packs of blades for £7 each + VAT.

Unfortunately, I didn't know where he was getting it from, but it might be a good idea to try Rescut direct, you might be surprised.

As far as I am aware, Bal uses two manufacturers, this being one of them.

HTH

Now Motardless
17/12/2002 at 22:45
JK is right. i did some tyre fitting when I was a young un'. The guys at the tyre depot were always "regrooving" commercial tyres with one of them thar tyre cutting fingys.
Might be worth asking for a contact at your local commercial tyre depot? You might be able to slip one of the blokes a £10 to lose one! Get one back for all the people they rip off for new but unrequired tyres, shocks, tracking blah blah, yada yada...

http://tickers.tickerfactory.com/ezt/d/4;10714;109/st/20081225/e/Christmas+Day%21/dt/5/k/3241/event.png

http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Taipan.png

15/06/2012 at 16:34

Hi Everyone, Just thought it may be of interest, try this site for tyre cutters, blades, parts and service www.tyrecutters.co.uk its the home of cutting.. ct

15/06/2012 at 17:22

Think he might have one by now !

Your say
email image
13 messages