Crash bungs

15 messages
20/09/2004 at 13:05
Anyone know where I can pick these up cheaper than what most retailers sell at?
20/09/2004 at 13:34
From what ive seen lately most crash bungs cause more damage than thier worth so i wouldnt bother :burnout:
20/09/2004 at 14:09
Yeah I have heard a few stories. Is this limited to the more shoddy or any particular brand?
21/09/2004 at 19:53
I was just going to post the same question all the recommendations I have seen seem to be for R&G any comments/prices cheaper than £54 for a CBR600F2

Life is not a dress rehearsal :burnout:
21/09/2004 at 20:02
Bill Peacock wrote
I was just going to post the same question all the recommendations I have seen seem to be for R&G any comments/prices cheaper than £54 for a CBR600F2
I've not seen R&G bungs offered cheaper-than-list-price anywhere, but I can vouch for their efficiency - worth every penny IMO*.

The only ones I have seen that have bent into the frame have been cheaper ones (not R&G) that didn't bolt directly into a solid engine-mount point, but instead used a bracket to offset the bung from the mounting point (in order to avoid cutting the fairing.)

If you need the fairing trimming at all, it's a relatively easy job to do on your own... here's my experience of it, from earlier this year link to post in an old Workshop thread

*Obviously if you flip your bike or it hits something solid, some crash-bungs aren't going to save it, but they will help if the bike is sliding along the tarmac, by keeping most of the vital parts off the floor. They saved me a lot of grief when I slid off Croft circuit.

Where can I donate blood?
© Everything I've written up there ^
21/09/2004 at 20:05
Thanks for the comments do all models require modification to the fairing/mounting points to fit R&G's

21/09/2004 at 20:10
Bill Peacock wrote
Thanks for the comments do all models require modification to the fairing/mounting points to fit R&G's

I'm not sure, but if you have a look on R&G's site, at the Honda fitment pages, they have a gallery showing the bungs fitted to various models of CBR6 - I'm not sure what year the F2 is, so I can't give you a definite answer.

Here's the link: http://www.rg-racing.com/crash-protectors/honda-crash-protectors-frame-sliders.html

Having had a quick look at the galleries on that site, it looks like you DO need to cut a hole....

Where can I donate blood?
© Everything I've written up there ^
21/09/2004 at 20:49
Cheers for the links and advise peeps. I shalll make it my first duty to look at work tomorrow!
27/09/2004 at 20:28
Hello Sav1

Have a look on ebay, there are some people called racesuppliesdirect who sell rearsets and heavy duty engine mounted crash bobbins, find something they have listed for sale and ask them a question.
Their bobbins seem to go from £20.00 upwards with £5.00 postage.
might be worth a look.
28/09/2004 at 21:59
Bought some recently for my busa.
Best deal - and most helpful people - were www.gobybike.com
I was pleased with them
29/09/2004 at 12:54
Just mailed my enquiry to them so will see if they are the cheapest! Thanks for the link.
29/09/2004 at 20:37
Sav interested to hear what they say I've also mailed them

30/09/2004 at 12:51
Bill Peacock wrote
Sav interested to hear what they say I've also mailed them

Yeah, they've mailed me back already and said that they are looking into it. So far so good!
30/09/2004 at 15:23
Can do you 10% on R&G's to fellow VD peeps...just so ya know!!.

So a £54 set will be £48.60...
30/09/2004 at 19:01
They just quoted me £52 incl P&P for my CBR600 sounds good to me

Your say
email image
15 messages