Where to 'off road' in Manchester..?

20 messages
18/05/2008 at 19:53

Where do all you fellow Manc's go off-roading in Manchester?

I've been going to the land facing Barton Airport - got aollared by security today so doubt i'll bge going there again!

Anyone?

18/05/2008 at 20:43

When you say offroad...

Do you mean on legal green lanes on a road registered bike?

Legal MX practice tracks on a non road registered bike (or registered if you like)?

Or any bit of waste land you can get on, regardless of  legality?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Abelrider/Newsig.gif

18/05/2008 at 22:38

The bike I use is not road registered.

I'm just looking for somewhere - anywhere to take it...

I dunno the legal issues of where i can/cant go - its all such a 'grey area'...

Cheers.

18/05/2008 at 22:41

Not really.

If it isn't road registered you can't ride green lanes. 

You can ride on private ground. If you have permission it is legal, if you don't it isn't.

Can't get much more black and white. 

http://extreme.adrenalintrip.net/dirtbike-tracks/forum/viewforum/89?topic_type=0&siteid=1&topictype=1

Should give your local tracks. 

19/05/2008 at 09:27

the a place just north of Rochdale that would suit you, it cost about 25 quid  and if your in the TRF there drop a 10 er of for you.

big area ...enough to kep you happy all day

if you have no luck , try doing a seach on google...because i know where the place is but forgot the name because it was about 2 years ago when i went

19/05/2008 at 17:07

Ok thanks all.

I just needed to know a legal place to ride.

Ive bought a bike and now discovered theres little or no places to go!

Oh well!

19/05/2008 at 17:53

If you aren't happy going to the local MX track every time out, you may be better off selling it and getting a road registered enduro or trail bike.

Then you can still ride the MX tracks (esp on the enduro bikes) for fun, and get out on the green lanes for a right laff. 

20/05/2008 at 12:29

Like Able say's mate, looks like you've bought the wrong bike.

The bike you have is basically a motocrosser ie you can only ride on MX tracks or private land if you have any. And clearly you don't.

My suggestion would be to sell it on and by a road legal enduro cost you about a grand for a semi decent one. You can then go where you like.

Green laning

MX tracks

Enduro's

Or just hooon about doing all three and even on the road.

Ofcourse the down side is Tax, Insurance and keeping it road legal. But thats a small price to pay for the fun you'll have.

Cheers

Jim.

[size=1]

IF YOU DON'T CRASH .............. YOUR NOT ON A DIRT BIKE :burnout:
20/05/2008 at 17:11

I got the bike for very cheap as a bit of fun, spending a grand on a bike plus mot insurance tax etc isnt really an option.

I could always ride it on my lawn - ha!

25/05/2008 at 17:42

Ive trying to find this place in rochdale for ages - cant find it though.

Anyone know where it is?

29/06/2010 at 15:45
ive been riding off road bikes for years now and the place were i ust to ride it is now a school so i have no were to ride it im looking for a fun place for me and the lads to have a fun day out away from the missis if you have any info let me know asap
_
29/06/2010 at 21:33

Not far away in Dove Holes, near Buxton

http://pdymcc.teamserver.co.uk/

01/01/2011 at 16:16
tryin to find the farm in rochdale, and dont seem to be able to find it, i no about preston docks but rochdale much nearer if no one can help does anyone no of anywhere else in manchester?
14/02/2011 at 13:39
there is a track at whitworth, Google "cowm leisure" they allow loads of different stuff
24/10/2011 at 22:03

heres one for you gents go to www.mxmayhemcrew.co.uk for full details

we accomdate all types of off road vehicles except buggies, we have a kiddies area, enduro/ mx track, we rent out bikes, kiddies quads and bikes too

Edited: 24/10/2011 at 22:03
26/10/2011 at 17:23

Hi,

I've just got a road legal green laner and live in North Manchester. Can anyone suggest any green lane routes to try or any suggestions where to look ?

Oh and btw, I used to ride in Whitworth quarry.....its quite good but some bits dangerous. Def worth a try if you're not legal !

Thanks

26/10/2011 at 18:54

hi lee go and take a look at mx mayhem crew our home track caters for all types of off road bikes, if you like a bit of fun and a small enduro then you'll love it.

regards john

www.mxmayhemcrew.co.uk

31/10/2011 at 22:56
Hi Guys,
I joined the guys down at the mxmayhemcrew track in Disley, only £10 to ride once you are a club member and a decent day out, worth a look.
21/07/2012 at 18:05

where shall i ride my own 100cc quad but it not legal ,

i want to go to a place where i can youse my own quad but not alot of money

19/04/2013 at 18:00
I've just bought a off road dirt bike and want to know where I can ride it in Manchester or within 25 miles?
Your say
email image
20 messages