Where can we practise offroad in Essex area ?

1 to 20 of 22 messages
28/03/2007 at 13:06
My kids have a 400ex quad and a 150cc Trickstar pit bike, thing is there is almost nowhere to ride, we are looking for something not much more than a flat field, corner of a farm or something. Does anybody know of an area or piece of land that we could use occasionally at weekends please ? It's just a fun thing kids are early teens and not pro riders. I could get a group of maybe 2 quads, 3 or 4 pit bikes and maybe 1 or 2 moto-x bikes together. Happy to pay for use of the land. The piece we were using has just been sold so we are homeless.
We are a small group of relatives/friends with similar interest - so this wouldn't turn into anything big, no uninvited or racey events going on.
Ideally in Essex ! Grateful for any advice/info.
ruffantumbleboyo@yahoo.co.uk
28/03/2007 at 16:13
do a search for essex off-road, there was athread about a mnoth ago, these guys used to run beginners days and the like and were hoping to do the same again...
28/03/2007 at 16:47

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Abelrider/Newsig.gif

28/03/2007 at 20:00
Ephwurd wrote
My kids have a 400ex quad and a 150cc Trickstar pit bike, thing is there is almost nowhere to ride, we are looking for something not much more than a flat field, corner of a farm or something. Does anybody know of an area or piece of land that we could use occasionally at weekends please ? It's just a fun thing kids are early teens and not pro riders. I could get a group of maybe 2 quads, 3 or 4 pit bikes and maybe 1 or 2 moto-x bikes together. Happy to pay for use of the land. The piece we were using has just been sold so we are homeless.
We are a small group of relatives/friends with similar interest - so this wouldn't turn into anything big, no uninvited or racey events going on.
Ideally in Essex ! Grateful for any advice/info.
ruffantumbleboyo@yahoo.co.uk

I will be opening up this sunday if you want to pop down for a look

www.essexquadacademy.com/
28/03/2007 at 20:06
drsnugfit wrote
I will be opening up this sunday if you want to pop down for a look

www.essexquadacademy.com/

I was gonna suggest you, but the "150cc Trickstar pit bike" and the "This track is open to Quads only !" didn't seem particularly compatible.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Abelrider/Newsig.gif

30/03/2007 at 08:16
havent essex mx got the old course that essex offroad were using, thats a good beginners track..?
02/04/2007 at 23:38
Hello All

have had a look at Essex MX website, and must admit, fitguy, it does look suspiciously like the location of the Essex Off Road Experience track location.

I had my one & only off-road biking experience here. At the time, there were 'alternatives' all the way around the track, you did not HAVE to take the jumps, humps, dips or hills unless you wanted to. By the end of the day I had managed (NOT mastered!) them all (with instructor help) and I am not brave, but I was determined to do the lot. So unless the new 'outfit' have changed the track around, I don't see any reason why beginners, or kids, would have problems coping. They also have a kid's track (which I don't remember) if you check out the website.

EW
03/04/2007 at 08:45
the 2 courses are next to each other, but whereas there was the all singing all jumping mx course, there was a 'practice/learning' course next to for us newbys, which I belive EssexMX took over, but dont know what they did with it...
03/04/2007 at 09:28
My understanding is that it's all an MX track now.... can get very busy at the weekend and you have to book your place...

the quad accadamy may be a better place for starting off but still not sure if it's open to two wheelers or just quads..... website only shows quads... or else i'd have been there by now as only a 10 min ride for me..

You can't have everything, where would you keep it all.
05/04/2007 at 12:50
Thanks for all the replies, had a look on all the sites - in the end i found one right near me, it's still being built but looks ok, with adult and kids section.
Just off A130 at Rettendon. and yes i did have to evade confrontation with community support officers the other weekend, decided to do a runner rather than risk having our bikes confiscated. Uh, just remembered i wasn't there at all - what am i talking about ?
05/04/2007 at 12:54
whereabouts is this... sounds like its quite close to me too....
05/04/2007 at 14:59
Not heard about this one at Rettendon, have you got any details about it? Would be nice to have another place in Essex :smoke:

05/04/2007 at 18:50
Ephwurd wrote
Thanks for all the replies, had a look on all the sites - in the end i found one right near me, it's still being built but looks ok, with adult and kids section.
Just off A130 at Rettendon. and yes i did have to evade confrontation with community support officers the other weekend, decided to do a runner rather than risk having our bikes confiscated. Uh, just remembered i wasn't there at all - what am i talking about ?

Were is this then, i live within 10 mile of rettendon and dont know anything about any tracks local.
This would be well handy,its a 2.5 hour drive to where i ride,would like somewhere closer that isnt packed full.
06/04/2007 at 01:01
I have not heard of a place in Rettendon, and that is not a million miles away from me - please supply more details, it sounds pretty interesting.

I have just remembered 'imreallyslowme' posting a place called Poles Wood which is on the Ongar Road (between Brentwood and Ongar) and approximately opposite the entrance to the secret nuclear bunker at Kelvedon Hatch.

EW
06/04/2007 at 19:41
im out that way tomorrow - i'll have a nose around....
06/04/2007 at 20:50
It's at Morelands, Old Barn Lane, Rettendon Common. Its all being built at the mo. but i dont think quads are allowed. As far as i know the official open day is Saturday 14th, adults £ 25.00 plus £ 15.00 per extra rider. There is a special invitation open day bank holiday monday pm, if all goes well. And yep i got an invite. There are some 'challenging' doubles and 2 large table tops, it reckon it will establish itself fairly quickly so it may be sessioned for the keen boys and the pit riders. (i only have a pit bike at the mo ~ sad, but good laugh)
09/04/2007 at 22:09
Hi guys, yes essex quad academy is quads only, we have made a lot of changes recently to the track, had our first proper ride of it this weekend, took loads of footage, will take me a while to sort it all out, in the mean time heres a little teaser

Click here to watch eqateaser
02/08/2008 at 12:14

Hi guys, just need to know is this place at Rettendon still up and running, only haven't seen any new mentions, if not where can I take my complete novice son on his semi auto in and around Essex?

Thanks

13/09/2009 at 10:00

"I have just remembered 'imreallyslowme' posting a place called Poles Wood which is on the Ongar Road (between Brentwood and Ongar) and approximately opposite the entrance to the secret nuclear bunker at Kelvedon Hatch.

EW"

That place is just up the road from me, its supposed to be members only and trial bikes only, anyone whos been over there on anything else will have been doing so without permission, its not a secure location, no staff on site, but the owner will cruise over and see whats occuring if he hears anything that dont sound like a trial bike.

22/04/2011 at 13:09

Has anyone got a telephone number for the Ongar/Kelvedon Hatch/Poles Wood? No idea how to get on there, there's no number at the site ????? Please help

1 to 20 of 22 messages