TOMS FARM WALES

BAD NEWS

1 to 20 of 104 messages
14/06/2009 at 22:24

Been to TOMS FARM Wales today and turned away by the POLICE stating Farm is now CLOSED

Anyone have any up to date news

15/06/2009 at 07:26
i heard it was a dangerous place where you could just ride about with no clear marked track,is this true ??
15/06/2009 at 20:33

Not a dangerous place 600 acres of free riding. As with any sport care is always top of the agenda and always ride to your limitations.

If it ever opens its worth a day out

15/06/2009 at 21:39
wavydave13 wrote (see)
i heard it was a dangerous place where you could just ride about with no clear marked track,is this true ??

I'd say that's a fair description-  when I went ( a saturday last summer ) it was honestly like something out of mad max -burnt out cars and bikes scattered about the place, a  total free for all with fair proportion of kids in hoodies and no boots/lids etc  flying about all over the place on all sorts of  stuff  including flat out up and down the paddock/car park area , in  between sittng around fires swigging cans of fosters.

There's some interesting single track stuff and one or two big hills, but not that much there really.

It's feckin dodgy rough old place IMO, Air ambulance got called out the day we were there., and  we honestly weren't  sure whether the vans would still be there intact with tools inside etc when we got back from an hour or so's blat round the place - seriously.

One visit was definitely enough for me

16/06/2009 at 08:22

If the old and weary get their say and close Toms where do you ride to blow the cob webs off your bike.

Any areas that you rate that can be used for pleasure/fun

17/06/2009 at 19:02
TrickyDicky wrote (see)
wavydave13 wrote (see)

I'd say that's a fair description-  when I went ( a saturday last summer ) it was honestly like something out of mad max -burnt out cars and bikes scattered about the place, a  total free for all with fair proportion of kids in hoodies and no boots/lids etc  flying about all over the place on all sorts of  stuff  including flat out up and down the paddock/car park area , in  between sittng around fires swigging cans of fosters.

There's some interesting single track stuff and one or two big hills, but not that much there really.

It's feckin dodgy rough old place IMO, Air ambulance got called out the day we were there., and  we honestly weren't  sure whether the vans would still be there intact with tools inside etc when we got back from an hour or so's blat round the place - seriously.

One visit was definitely enough for me

if you are in the royal county dicky,do you ever ride ashdown ?? i'll have a meet up with you there anytime. i love the place.
17/06/2009 at 23:22

Yep Dave, I am indeed ,  and only approx 20 miles or so from Ashdown, never ridden it , but know its a great place.

Sold my MX bike ( KX250) a few years back, and replaced it with a KTM EXC, altho I still have an ancient YZ400,it hasn't turned a wheel for many years.

These days I'm a green laner,   just like  the going off exploring thing better than blatting around an MX track ,  and well, truth is I'm  an old fecker and don't ride often enough off road to be  fit enough for more than a couple of laps of most tracks....

Off out this week-end with  two Berg owning mates  on an adventure around the Basingstoke/Tidworth/Andover/Salisbury area, just see how far we get, love that sort of thing.

On the off-road stuff, are you MX  only or do you ever do hare & hounds or green lane  sort of stuff?

17/06/2009 at 23:25
TrickyDicky wrote (see)

Yep Dave, I am indeed ,  and only approx 20 miles or so from Ashdown, never ridden it , but know its a great place.

Sold my MX bike ( KX250) a few years back, and replaced it with a KTM EXC, altho I still have an ancient YZ400,it hasn't turned a wheel for many years.

These days I'm a green laner,   just like  the going off exploring thing better than blatting around an MX track ,  and well, truth is I'm  an old fecker and don't ride often enough off road to be  fit enough for more than a couple of laps of most tracks....

Off out this week-end with  two Berg owning mates  on an adventure around the Basingstoke/Tidworth/Andover/Salisbury area, just see how far we get, love that sort of thing.

On the off-road stuff, are you MX  only or do you ever do hare & hounds or green lane  sort of stuff?

Rich you old dog, how the bloody hell are you?

17/06/2009 at 23:32

I'm good cheers John, not getting out on the bikes enough  tho, work and kids etc etc keeps getting in the way.

Done one day at Brands and a Trip to Portimao in April, and that's been it for track days so far.

Got a 2-dayer at cadwell booked for early august (the Ixion annual thing), and hoping to do that same Hottrax trip to Almeria in Oct (it's at that same all-inc hotel ), but thats about it.

How bout you? Been following some of the threads so know you've got an 09 road R1 now, and have painted the track R1 that shitty banana colour, how you getting on with it- done many days on it yet?

17/06/2009 at 23:52
TrickyDicky wrote (see)

I'm good cheers John, not getting out on the bikes enough  tho, work and kids etc etc keeps getting in the way.

Done one day at Brands and a Trip to Portimao in April, and that's been it for track days so far.

Got a 2-dayer at cadwell booked for early august (the Ixion annual thing), and hoping to do that same Hottrax trip to Almeria in Oct (it's at that same all-inc hotel ), but thats about it.

How bout you? Been following some of the threads so know you've got an 09 road R1 now, and have painted the track R1 that shitty banana colour, how you getting on with it- done many days on it yet?

JCB Yellow if you don't mind.

I nearly killed myself at Cadwell first time out on it in March at the end of park straight. (damper not turned on: huge tank slapper that broke the seat unit, cracked the fairing and screen).

I've also been to Silverstone, Oulton and Croft so far this year. ( it pissed down at Croft last week)

I'm at cadwell on the 29th of this month,  Donnington 11th July, Mallory 1st Aug, and back at Croft on the 28th of August.

Simon, my mate with the Yellow K6 is booked on the Almeria Oct one with all the lads, I'm not sure if I'll be there though.

I'm not having a good time with the track R1 if I'm honest, or the road R1 as I had the pleasure of having a chat with plod about me being clocked at 104 mph.

18/06/2009 at 06:58

Getting a few in by the sound of it, suprisied you're not enjoying the track R1 as much - did you flog the 600 in the end,and if so,  you thinking of  getting another then?

Oh, and I'll obvs say hello to Simon/ the lads at Almeria, that's  if I ever see or hear them of course, quiet-blend-into-the background sort of blokes as they are.......

18/06/2009 at 21:56

shit,didn't know you knew young john.

i mainly do mx,especially with smx club which is basingstoke/fleet area. the first time i went to ashdown was to run in my new maico in 1982 . still love the place though,especially in the rain. it's more of an enduro track than a mx track.

i'll have a meet up sometime though.

pic
22/06/2009 at 21:58
   Went toms this weekend police everywhere, i think this is the end of toms farm, very sad as this was the plase where i realy enjoyed riding my bike, anyone know anywhere similar place to toms, maybe with more control of the place, thanks
22/06/2009 at 22:37
wavydave13 wrote (see)

i mainly do mx,especially with smx club which is basingstoke/fleet area. the first time i went to ashdown was to run in my new maico in 1982 . still love the place though,especially in the rain. it's more of an enduro track than a mx track.

Small world  Dave, the  only MX club I ever raced (well, sort of, I mainly got lapped) with was SMX and that would have been around 82-83 on my old YZ400 when I was in my early 20s,  so I guess I must be nearly as old as you, which is feckin ancient from what I can gather

The last meeting I did  was at a place near fleet / blackbushe  which turned into a complete swamp after heavy rain, only managed 1 1/2 laps in 30 mins, spent most of the time pulling the bike out and getting it going again, only to fall off again 30 secs later , finished me off that one .

Be good to meet up sometime, far more likely to be on a (tarmac) trackday these days tho

And yeah, John is a whipper-snapper, not wearing well for his age tho eh, I was amazed when I learnt he was only 57

23/06/2009 at 20:07
TrickyDicky wrote (see)
wavydave13 wrote (see)

Small world  Dave, the  only MX club I ever raced (well, sort of, I mainly got lapped) with was SMX and that would have been around 82-83 on my old YZ400 when I was in my early 20s,  so I guess I must be nearly as old as you, which is feckin ancient from what I can gather

The last meeting I did  was at a place near fleet / blackbushe  which turned into a complete swamp after heavy rain, only managed 1 1/2 laps in 30 mins, spent most of the time pulling the bike out and getting it going again, only to fall off again 30 secs later , finished me off that one .

Be good to meet up sometime, far more likely to be on a (tarmac) trackday these days tho

And yeah, John is a whipper-snapper, not wearing well for his age tho eh, I was amazed when I learnt he was only 57

you doing the charity t/d
23/09/2009 at 14:49
 is toms farm open ????
mkm
26/09/2009 at 10:28
yes went last weekend all good
05/10/2009 at 23:23
is it all open again now
07/10/2009 at 11:00
Hi Im from wolves I've been to toms farm loads of times and it's absolutley class. Can anyone tell me if it's defo open.
Thanks chris Wolverhampton
08/10/2009 at 16:16
Hi, people, i spoke 2 tom himself the other day and he says its all open as usual BUT, If any police stop you at the gate and say its closed just go and chill in the nearest village somewer and pop back in about an hour. The police come and go alday so u got to catch the gate wen there not ther
1 to 20 of 104 messages