HELP!! How to get a certificate of newness

4 messages
17/06/2009 at 21:08
Can anyone tell me where i will get a certificate of newness for a kawasaki kxf as im wanting to road reg it so i can ride to my local track i no it can be done but i will need a certificate of newness can anyone help please ??????
18/06/2009 at 22:00

no problem. first phone kawasaki uk and they will tell you how much they will charge for the service(normally about £20 some are free) then you send in your engine and frame number and they will return you the certificate of newness.

god help you if the bike is an import though. they will only help if the bike is a uk bike.

20/08/2009 at 19:46

hello

hope someone can help got a cr that i want to road register bt not 100 % sure wot to do iv been told about a daytime m.o.t. and i dont fink i can get a certifcate of newness becouse my bikes ova 7 years old is this true and do u need a speed clock and horn? thanks

07/02/2012 at 18:47

Hi im new to mx and have been on various sites and spoken to a few people on this matter and would like some similar advise i have a suzuki rmz 250 and am looking to get it road registered for the exact same reason so i can go across a few roads to the nearby green lanes without mr old bill taking my bike to the crusherand picking up more points on the license

i have phoned suzuki uk customer service and was told i cannot get a certificate of newnesss as the bike is more than 3 months old i believe its 04/05 but i can get a certificate of age at a cost of 95 quid. is this the only way?

i have seen what has been put about the daytime mot and the requirements to pass and have been told this by a friendly honda mot station  

so will be looking for horn, the halfords one seams to be the one of choice on the forums, road legal tires a chap at the dunlop stand @mcn revolution kindly advised michelins as they will last longer for the use, my rear mud guard does not have a reflector will i need to replace for a enduro type or will some sort of bracket do(any suggestions)

Your say
email image
4 messages