Full Strip And Rebuild

11 messages
05/06/2007 at 00:03
well i have broke me bike today into 3 big boxes of bits, frame rear subframe and rear swingarm has been sent of to be powdercoated black. forks are due to have a full strip and rebuild and new bearings etc are being ordered for the frame etc. new set of black ufo plastics to be ordered,

any one know a place that does good seat covers? not the plain black ones though.??

what im not sure on is where to get a replacement set of ss bolts and fixings to rebuild it with?? can i get a complete kit?? ive seen sets for other bikes on ebay etc, also has anyone got fitted those swivel footpegs as advertised in TBM? if so what they like?

any ideas?.

also whilst the engine is out i intend to do the valve clearences and piston ring is there anything else i should consider doing whilst its in bits?.

Pain is only weakness leaving the body
05/06/2007 at 00:44
Danger-UK for your seat cover Paul

www.danger-uk.co.uk/index07.html

A mate of mine ride his 450 with the swivel foot pegs, he recons they are great. Says it takes a lot of the harshness felt through your ankles away. A bit pricey though at £90

Can't help with the bling bolts

Oh and stick a Rekluse in it while your at it

[size=1]

IF YOU DON'T CRASH .............. YOUR NOT ON A DIRT BIKE :burnout:
05/06/2007 at 02:50
REKLUSE is on me list m8 chris is getting a price for me.

just emailed a guy for all the orange anodised bits for australia so they will be on the way soon.
also bought some asv levers for a steal.

05/06/2007 at 18:10
Paul, I had some Power Pegz (rip off of Pivot Pegz) and reckon that they are ace, bust one though as they are not as tough as the proper ones -Pivot Pegz, Mind you it was just as I hit the gate so I guess it will happen.
They are going back on when I get a new platform as they really do work, get Pivot Pegz though, a little bit more money but a lot tougher.

PS. Got you a price for your Rekluse ... and as for the box of bits (525) I`ll send the scrap man your way

Oh,......you had a wash yet ? SMELLY !!!

July 1st, Enduro, Bolton by Bowland, you wanna go ????? I`m in
05/06/2007 at 23:09
enduro ooooooooohhh tht sounds good m8, ill put me name in m8

ill give you a call when i get up about the rekluse m8.

05/06/2007 at 23:50
chris what you like rebuilding wheels???

i may strip them and have the hubs powdered if i can get them rebuilt cheap enough.

06/06/2007 at 04:17
me55iah wrote
chris what you like rebuilding wheels???

i may strip them and have the hubs powdered if i can get them rebuilt cheap enough.

Send a PM to Brokenlegs. He's the resident wheel builder on here - his work is lauded in all the visordown halls...

06/06/2007 at 18:46
nice one.

07/06/2007 at 20:58
chris i got all the bushes now for the forks so ill see you in the morning for the rebuild

09/06/2007 at 00:36
well engine is now 99% rebuilt thx to chris today , found out what the problem has been as well.... which ever previous owner had the casing of last time could not of placed the circlip on the oil pump shaft correctly as we found the locating pin and washer inside the gear box luckly no damage was caused... my middle name lucky ....well now its all healthy with a full set of new seals and gaskets etc fitted, new set of rings, v stem oil seals,all the valves recut and the clearences set, all new gear change components fitted. just waiting on the rekluse now and the engine is set.

the forks.. well we was going to fit all new bushes seals etc today but the butcher who fitted the last lot seems to have forgot a vital component.....
a brass fitting at the bottom of the rod for the rebound so one leg had no rebound adjustment at all. so im now waiting for parts to arrive and they will then be back to as new spec.....oh the smoothness ... i cant wait..

i have a pic of the forks in bits but forgot about taking one of the engine in bits and after it was built i dare not ask chriss to rip it apart again for a photo after the couple of hiccups we had .

13/06/2007 at 00:12
pic me frame up in the morning all new and sparkly..

chris any news on the rekluse yet???

Your say
email image
11 messages