Derbyshire Rights of Way........Here...!

17 messages
28/09/2007 at 16:50
Derbyshire

With map links to the left of each section.

www.derbyshire.gov.uk/leisure/countryside/access_recreation/rights_of_way/applications/register.asp

This was of particular interest as the farmer always blocks it

03151 - 19/07/2004 - Claim to add a Byway Open to All Traffic. At Marsh Green from A632 north of Kelstedge to Moor Road - Order Made - Ashover

I can see the police removing this tractor at our request now (obstruction) !!
28/09/2007 at 17:25
cheers chris

There quite a few applications in to upgrade from bridleways to BOAT's nice to see we may be getting a few more lanes in the near future.

Cheers for the link.

Mark.
28/09/2007 at 21:02
we realy need a sticky topic for these topics so the chaps like chris, mark and mygood looking self who look into this type of thing can post in there
for the up dates on what we can and can not do legaly..

HOW MANY other sites do this ?????????????????:smoke:
03/10/2007 at 20:52
04/10/2007 at 18:18
05/10/2007 at 22:45
Cheshire definitve map here but what it doesnt show is what are boats/bridle ways etc but it does show you everything.

I have emailed them and asked do they have a list of boats and ucr's

It open into a excel spread sheet with all the grid references

www.cheshire.gov.uk/countryside/Prow/ProwAdditionalDetails/definitive_map.htm
06/11/2007 at 22:37
15/12/2007 at 09:18
TRO's for the north yorkshire moors

www.visitnorthyorkshiremoors.co.uk/uploads/publication/5968.pdf

And guess what they dont say what is legal though how ferkin usefull is that.

edit***********

well i have found some legal ones here and will update as i find more

www.visitnorthyorkshiremoors.co.uk/uploads/publication/6208.pdf
12/01/2008 at 22:45

More on yorkshire dales and the initiative which the rangers and police are taking. There are checking more and more bikes and 4 x 4 's

all the info on whats going on is on the linkl below which will take you through everthing. They actually now call it green lane management  

http://www.yorkshiredales.org.uk/index/looking_after/access_to_the_countryside/green_lane_management/

05/02/2008 at 12:34

WANKERS....................................................

They have extended AGAIN the current TRO's around hawes for another 6 months WTF is going on. They had already been tro'ed for 18 months prior to that now another 6 months................ why why why...

I'm going to ring the byways officer and find out why FFS.

FOOKIN DOGOODIN BOBBLE HATS

09/02/2008 at 19:58
Been up to the dales today and about 8 more lanes have been slapped with TRO's as of 08 Feb 08 - spent nearly half of the day riding to find a lane we could ride - bang out of order, haven't even updated the website so when we've done the route on the GPS, its fooked us big time. Think thats the last time we're up there for a while. Still had a good day though - made the best out of a bad situation!!!!
10/02/2008 at 10:49

all the lanes affected are on the yorkshire dales website must of been put on yesterday cos they were not on on friday

14/02/2008 at 20:20

I've been intouch with the byways officer mark allum from the yorskire dales and hes says it not his fault he only going under instruction from North Yorkshire county council and i'm on there case too.

So far from the information i have is they are going to slap tro's on all lanes in the dales and make some permenant!!! in july........... i said ffs why it will only get worse and everyone will take no notice and ride illegally then what are you going to do then............ i got NO Answer but they did say they have a steering committie but are the delagates are already chosen................ yeah like fookin bobble hats...

We have no chance what so ever, all they are doing is shutting everything regardless of what we say or do.

The local trf are on the case but i dont hold much hope for the dales anymore.

Soon It will look like you need to by a cheap crosser and take the risk, if it gets nabbed then buy another. I have heard totday they are slapping 20 yes 20 tro's on the peaks in the next few weeks "BASTARDS"

14/02/2008 at 20:28

In addition to the above though if you have permission from the local land onwer ie chuck him a bung that over writes any tro order

ok that means you need to find out who owns what but it may be something to think about in the future.

31/10/2011 at 20:42

Watched  BBC 3 last night about the 4 x 4 and trailriders in the peaks and dales, the ramblers won their case for total TRO's which really pissed me off, the same happened around my way ( Northamptonshire ) a couple of ramblers see a motobike next thing you know the bye-way has become a bridle way the - bastards - there used to be alot of green laners not so many now, not so many ramblers either they opened a big park for ramblers and cyclist they all seem to go there but the lanes have not re-opened.

A group of lads I know just say stuff em and ride the lanes anyway, I think I might have to join them.

30/09/2012 at 00:00
30/09/2012 at 12:34

In France, offroaders are destroying many of the footpaths. They were built for mules and for foot traffic and cant take the destruction that bikes cause. Sometimes as many as 16 bikes in a row pass you on these paths. They rip up the earth, cut tree roots, and make channels which carry off the soil at the next rain.

So when bikes cause this, is it any wonder that the walkers want them stopped? And those who say 'stuff 'em' - ride anyway are the type who should end up in court.

Edited: 30/09/2012 at 12:36
Your say
email image
17 messages